PDA

View Full Version : Expat controllers returning home

Ali Bin Somewhere
6th Jul 2005, 19:35
Hi guys and girls.

Just wondering if anyone can give me some advice/contacts for getting back into AsA after being OS for a while. It might be time to get out unless the Serco/GCAA contract improves dramatically at the end of the year.:{

I have been doing arrivals and area in the ME for a while. Reasonably busy sectors with 1200+ movements a day, 90% of those are arrivials/depatures. Would like to get into approach or tower if possible but don't have those ratings so would need to be trained.

What pay and conditions do people tend to return on? What training must I complete for ENR or TMA/TWR? Are the TMA/TWR people still a seperate club or do they talk to the ENR guys about recuiting/training people from that stream? Do you have to return to ENR or can you go directly to TMA/TWR for training? :confused: I am TAAATS trained as well as OJTI etc

Is the new EBA sorted yet or is everyone leaving it till well after the last minute again?:mad:

Thanks for your help.

Uncommon Sense
8th Jul 2005, 04:47
I think it is going to get ugly by the end of the year (EBA).

Might pay to keep your powder dry for a little while.

The Underlying amount of hostility is at a new threshold and flashpoint - just waiting for an ignition source.

tobzalp
8th Jul 2005, 05:37
I am guessing you will get the norm. Jman band 3 then work up the rungs 1 at a time each year. Make sure you get everything in writing. I know of two guys who started on the same day and were told two different things and of course it turned out to be the worse of the two outcomes that covered them both.

I was lead to believe that AsA sent letters to many ex employees asking them to come back with this as the offer. I read it here though so it may be poppycock.

Bris approach is pretty short with 1 finishing up today and another in October. May be a few seats neede there as some recent trainees have pulled the pin and six who were to train all pulled the pin and stayed where they were in the room.