PDA

View Full Version : beaurocracy check

aeroguru
17th Aug 2001, 15:21
Has anyone looked into the various charges by different JAA/NAA for conversion of license and type ratings.
Perhaps you could all give your example with your NAA.
I know the UK charges.One arm and one leg!
Particularly interested in crossover type applications.For example say, a British guy in Holland or maybe a Norwegian gal in Sweden? :confused:

DoctorA300
17th Aug 2001, 21:46
Hi Aeroguru,
Howsbout a Danish guy in Sweden.
No problems so far, I got my Danish AML converted overnight, literally, without any fee or commision otherwise. The only catch for me, is that in Denmark you have to hand in your AML when you get your JAR66, in a transition period it would be nice to have both. But it won“t matter in 5 years anyway.
Good Luck.
Brgds
Doc

aeroguru
23rd Aug 2001, 19:13
That's good info thankyou.Any other examples would be welcomed! :cool:

Noted
23rd Aug 2001, 20:48
Converting my UK A & C licence to a CAA AML JAR66 B1 / C including 13 type ratings back in '99 added up to £ 1167. Switzerland is not issuing any JAR66 licences at the moment.
The Swiss Federal Office for Civil Aviation ( FOCA ) is not ready to issue them at the moment. It looks like holders of a Swiss ICAO type II and type I maintenance licence will have a straight conversion, including transfer of all the type ratings free of charge, once the FOCA starts issuing JAR66 licences. :mad:

aeroguru
30th Aug 2001, 14:38
Thanks noted for the reply.It is pretty much as I expected.I think there are huge variations in these charges and I would like to find out what each NAA in JAA charge.Then I would apply to the cheapest!
But I don't think other NAA are much interested in types.They will leave that to company authorisations as the requirements for recurrent training can negate your types.
This JAR66 is an AandP you have to renew that's all. :rolleyes:

Noted
30th Aug 2001, 16:16
FYI aeroguru,

at the moment it looks like, company authorisation holders ( engineers not holding an ICAO type II licence )will also be granted a JAR66 licence without any fees nor exams. In the end, it will not make any difference if you are a licence holder or working on a company authorisation. I just s.....d myself out of a few pounds converting my UK A & C back in '99. If I would have waited until Switzerland is ready to issue JAR66 licences, I could have saved a " few " pounds and spend it on something else. I am sure this is going p..s a few people off. But what can I say, it was my fault for rushing into converting. Best of all I'm stuck with Limitation 1 on my UK AML now. That leaves me with 3 part modules and 1 full module exam to be taken ( exam fees just a little over £ 100 plus the airfare ).

:confused: :confused: :confused: