PDA

View Full Version : Spanair/Air Europa Terms and Conditions

abracadabra
6th Jul 2005, 15:50
Would appreciate any info on pay, conditions, basing, etc at Spanair and Air Europa.

I speak Spanish, have around 1700 hours, 1500 heavy turboprop, but I'm not Spanish (I'm British). What are my chances?

Cheers!

TE RANGI
6th Jul 2005, 21:35
Rumour has it that Spanair is going into recruit mode after the peak summer season.

It is always a risky business to comment on anybody's chances. Your experience and qualifications seem quite adequate but I'm sure they're not short of applications at this time so it all probably depends on the number of people hired. Fair may be an apt description so it would be worth to send your résumé. Try their website www.spanair.com and update it regularly.

T & Cs are sort of average for western Europe, with some good pros and some good cons. A new pilot contract is currently under negotiation. New hires will probably be assigned to the MD80 fleet. Pilot bases are PMI, BCN, MAD, AGP, LPA and TFS and you could probably pick your choice after a while.

As for Air Europa, quite similar T & Cs. Not sure though if or when they are hiring. Well worth applying too.

Good luck.

abracadabra
7th Jul 2005, 08:01
te rangi,

thanks a lot for your reply!

abracadabra
9th Jul 2005, 19:01
What's the situation with paying for type ratings and being bonded etc. would the company pay for your training and then bond you for a while, like so many others?

Also, how are base/fleet/seat transfers arranged? Is it by bid and seniority?

How easy would it be to move fleets after a few years? And what's the likely time to command?

Would love to get on the MD80!

Thanks for your help!