PDA

View Full Version : Emergency Traffic LGW 03/7/05

haughtney1
5th Jul 2005, 15:47
Hi everyone.....just wondering if anyone heard what the emergency traffic was coming into LGW on Sunday night....its problem..and the outcome.

Cheers H

(they turned on the ILS....saving me from doing a visual onto 26L after a looooooong day)

ATCTimmy
5th Jul 2005, 15:53
Are you the controller at LGW?
I was listening in on my airband scanner which I do every Sunday afternoon and heard no emergency traffic.

I live within walking distance of the airport and would see any visual aircraft unusual.

haughtney1
5th Jul 2005, 15:58
Nope timmy, I was flying..and on approach.....it was about 8pm local time

Mr @ Spotty M
5th Jul 2005, 17:21
SilentHandover

Would this be the same "A321" yesterday afternoon, ie the 4th, which called an Emergency due lightning strikes?
Or have Monarch had two in two days?

Del Prado
5th Jul 2005, 17:24
Silent Handover, are you sure you've got your days right ? Monarch 757 with lightning strike/engine failure was yesterday's emergency.

On Sunday the engine was 'overheating' and throttled back but don't think it was shut down. Can't remember the airline or type, but it was one of the charter operators.

08R ILS has done the mandatory 300 hours and is now cat III, by the way.

SilentHandover
5th Jul 2005, 18:21
Ah that'll be the TCX 757 then! Same result though. Did a couple of engine runs then positioned up to Manch last night.

As for the Spotty M being an A321 I hold my hands up and say I may be wrong as I had just returned to the tower in time to take the call to say the emergency was over from the AFS's point of view.

That's one of the joys of shift work you never really know what day it is.

haughtney1
6th Jul 2005, 10:51
so with the ILS now cat 3..how much longer is the overnight work likely to keep happening?:}

Del Prado
6th Jul 2005, 11:01
All summer long.

and they're going to change the 26L ILS too.

PeePeerune
6th Jul 2005, 15:20
Just curious .but is the r/w work which is happening anything to do with the high amount of go-arounds at egkk recently.epsecially in the day time too.i know a go-around is a normal procedure but they are definitely occuring more frequently at this airport.