PDA

View Full Version : big wide world

test ok
14th Aug 2001, 05:50
this is my first post Looking for some help/advice ??
Have decided to leave Big Airways and inflict myself on the rest of the world
the time is right for a move.
what contracts are good what should I avoid
I am A + C LAE ( Ramp rat ) with approvals on
B737,B767,b747-100,200,400,B777 all with
AV extension and a load of Engine types.

thanks in advance

p.s no fault found please report further :cool:

Jango
14th Aug 2001, 14:05
World is your oyster mate. Emirates would snap you up for the 777, SQ would go for you for your 777 and 744, even better if you had PW4000 motors aswell.

But...depends what you want to do and why you want to leave Big Airways?

Financially if you have a family you might be better off in the UK.

As a single man or just you and the missus you'd have a ball in either Dubai or Singapore with the expat lifestyle.

You can also go out into the connie game as a hired gun and do 6 mths here, 3 mths there and probably make even more money...but working conditions will vary.

First thing is weigh up why you want to make the move and how do you feel about the cultural/work environment changes. I am sure you will be inundated with messages saying certain contracts are crap and some are good, but it boils down to what you want to do.

Drop me an email if you want more specific info.

Good luck

NFF_PRF
15th Aug 2001, 21:14
Just remember money isn't everthing. Go for a job that you want to do not one you've got to do!
There is a world outside Bad Attitude, go find it and enjoy it.

topman
15th Aug 2001, 22:58
you won't look back.

As they say " go on, give it a try, you may even enjoy it"

Best of Luck.

test ok
16th Aug 2001, 04:03
Thanks for the encouragement , there are lots of resons for me to leave Big airways, as those who have already left will know, my main one is job satisfaction, or I say lack of.
Singapore sounds more to my liking, Is there anyone working there that can give me the inside track to the place.
Thanks
P.S Single , Have PW4000 + SQ cover

Let the good times roll.

[ 16 August 2001: Message edited by: test ok ]

charliecossie
16th Aug 2001, 10:44
Have you considered staying with BA but just getting out of London? Don't forget we have manned stations all over Europe that have better pay and conditions than the UK.
Amsterdam, Paris, Madrid, FRANKFURT. :D
Check the beano or intranet.

rover2701
16th Aug 2001, 14:56
A word of warning about Singapore. In the last 10 years have made several visits on business and holiday, the most recent this year. I have found that the cost of living is getting very expensive out there, Unless the pay is commensurate with the cost of living I would be very careful. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: