PDA

View Full Version : Getting a job with an FAA licence..

FAA fit / JAR unfit
5th Jul 2005, 09:45
Does anybody knows if Middle East/Arabic companies contract pilots with FAA licences only or they require JAA licences?

Thanks

Kopeloi
5th Jul 2005, 10:13
Your FAA license will be just fine. None of these countries are JAA members.

ironbutt57
5th Jul 2005, 10:16
Only company that did NOT take FAA here was oddly enough Kuwait Airways, and that was changed shortly after Gulf War "1" think everybody here accepts FAA, somebody correct me if I'm mistaken please...:ok:

sharksucker
5th Jul 2005, 10:28
Yes, FAA is fine, but you will have to do a conversion to the national licence, means you have to write airlaw and do a medical...
Not sure about medical differences between FAA and i.e. UAE, as you write FAA fit/JAA unfit...
regards

Edit:
check your PM please, just read your first posting..

FAA fit / JAR unfit
6th Jul 2005, 06:39
Thanks everyboby for the info.. the reason why I am asking this is because my 1st class med in europe has been denied years ago due to a mild colour vision defficiency. I only have an FAA CPL/IR w/no restrictions (cannot do the conversion in my country due to the medical).

Does anybody knows the requirements for colour vision in those countries?

If you have the FAA 1st class med, will be ok?

Does the airlines around that area have their own medical checks?

If you want to know my story :ouch: , search for medical/health "A real color vision story..any advice?".

Thanks to all..

sharcksucker ... what do you mean by your edit?

ironbutt57
6th Jul 2005, 08:22
Yes all carriers do have their own medical check, as you have to be issued a medical for their certifying agence..IE: GF DGCAM Oman, Ey and EK CAA UAE, not too sure how strict they are with the colorblind test...good luck

sharksucker
7th Jul 2005, 15:17
JAA unfit/FAA fit:
with my edit I just wanted to express that I was reading your post referring to your mild colourblindness and was dropping you a private message.. maybe you didnīt get it, will drop you one again.
cheers

FAA fit / JAR unfit
8th Jul 2005, 06:23
Hi sharcksucker..

thanks for your answer.. but I havenīt received any PM..
please try

[email protected]

Thanks...