PDA

View Full Version : Meal Allowances: Emirates vs The World

Warlock2000
5th Jul 2005, 09:36
I think the heat MUST be getting to some of the bean counters because in a world where EVERYTHING is going UP, EK layover allowances are going DOWN! :confused:

EK pays meal allowances based on meals in the host hotel. Never mind the fact that they seem to think that a bowl of rice and a glass of water is a balanced meal (the allowance normally caters for the "cheaper" end of the menu if you know what I mean) but they also apply the discounts that hotels offer the crew to the allowance! So, if the layover allowance for XYZ destination is $100.00 and the hotel give the crew 25% on food and bev, the allowance is reduced to $75.00!

Recently some hotels have been nice enough to increase the crew discounts, EK took full advantage of this and proceeded to immediately pay the crews less!

In places where Hotel discounts are 50% it's virtually impossible to have a meal outside the hotel. Next we'll be confined to quarters I guess.
:sad:

Rainboe
5th Jul 2005, 11:31
Terms & Endearment?

Warlock2000
5th Jul 2005, 11:44
Rumours & NEWS. Think that for someone who is thinking of joining (Flight deck or Cabin) this might qualify as the latter.

Guess not! :p

db767
5th Jul 2005, 12:27
If I wanted to know about the allowances in Emirates or anywhere else I'd be looking in Terms & Endearment too. I'm surprised you think that the cost of a ham baguette in your company hotel should be considered as News to the rest of us! What "News" will you be bringing us next? Buttons fall off Emirates uniforms? Not enough vegetarian options in the crew food?

Leftit2L8
5th Jul 2005, 12:36
Now now girls !

Left Wing
6th Jul 2005, 10:44
CX used to be great US$250 for 3 days in BOM, now thats 1 mths salary of the poor front desk gril at the lay over hotel.

Some $ 400 in CDG for 3 days !