PDA

View Full Version : What Logbook ?

That lights normal!
5th Jul 2005, 01:18
Why keep a log book :confused:

A couple of “living legends” in SE QLD simply claim that their extensive collection of full logbooks have disappeared/burnt/fallen from helicopter/eaten by the cookie monster, etc!:yuk:

Then just assure CASA/Insurance Company/”Awards committee” etc that “of course they have” – 18000 accident free hrs/time and experience for that appointment or approval etc :ok:

CASA would take my licence off me for the grammar in this post, but knowingly assist these charlatans to “rise above the honest rabble" :mad:

CASA – BIG on the little things :yuk: :yuk:

TLN!:E

deeper
5th Jul 2005, 01:59
One very approved chappie in that area who has suddenly lost his log books cannot remember when or where or with whom he did his instructor rating, believe it or not.;) ;)

That lights normal!
5th Jul 2005, 03:04
So obviously he doesn’t work as an instructor, and certainly would never be approved by CASA to be a Chief Flying Instructor or ATO.:{

CASA – Fly into the ground with no rotor blades…… as long as you’ve dotted your i s and crossed your t s!:mad: :mad:

Ascend Charlie
5th Jul 2005, 05:21
You say:
"One very approved chappie in that area who has suddenly lost his log books cannot remember when or where or with whom he did his instructor rating, believe it or not"

Well, it seems his story keeps changing - assuming we are talking about the same fella. He said he lost his log books when the Rabaul volcano erupted, and buried/burned the helicopter/building in which they were stored. The logbooks contained all his ratings, including an instructor rating done with an old man in a different country who had subsequently died and all his records disposed of.

He convinced CASA that this was true, but they still demanded he do some instructor training and a rating test. He did this training in Sydney, and confidentiality prevents me from saying much more, but he did pass the test. Probably the only person to pick up an instructor qualification with 10 hours course duration.

So now, it is a genuine CASA instructor rating. Not sure about the 18,000 hours of accident-free flying, he probably didn't count the three or four minutes of accident-FILLED flying.:uhoh: