PDA

View Full Version : Liberia

TCAS FAN
4th Jul 2005, 20:34
Anyone being flying in Liberia recently? As the civil war appears to have fizzled out what is left of Monrovia Spriggs Payne and Roberts International, still remembered with some affection as Robertsfield. Anyone know if the airport hotel at ROB survived the war?

c3000
6th Jul 2005, 20:18
Hi there,

I flew out of Liberia for half a year and yes both airports are operational. SN Brussels takes the 330 in and many 747 troop rotation come in and out. There is no longer a hotel at ROB. ROB is held by UN military but all check-in, and customs etc. for commercial flights are handled by the local staff, so your typical goat f#$%^k. Spriggs Payne is also UN held but all flights arr./dep. are UN flights, IRC, etc.

Hope this helps,

M.

Engineer
6th Jul 2005, 20:28
Is the old control tower functional and do you still have to taxi off the runway directly on to the parking bay?

Nice short taxi :ok:

c3000
6th Jul 2005, 22:10
The tower at ROB is operational and I believe there were taxiways. At Spriggs, the a/c parking is right off the runway so yes, a nice short taxi. The tower there, if you can call a tiny camper on the airport roof a tower, is still there and in use.

M.

contraxdog
7th Jul 2005, 00:50
Im also doing some time in and out of ROB at the moment.
I can hear a PPrune bash in the making in Monrovia.
PM me if you are interested

Keld
7th Jul 2005, 01:32
Hey c3000 (MB)

Send me your email address....got lost in my last computer crash....worked with you in Monrovia last fall.....you helped me with the (tire change) in the slimiest part of Monrovia....remember....:p Just wondering where u at now....

Cheers,

C

PS: Contraxdog....if you do have a pprune bash in Monrovia, be sure to ask the CDN Dash 7 guys (UN 153)...am sure they would be interested....:ok:

TCAS FAN
7th Jul 2005, 08:18
Thanks guys, might be time to consider going back to put it all together - again!