PDA

View Full Version : Starting a Website

A.Tech
15th Oct 2001, 00:06
There I was thinking I was doing something for the cause (engineering) by trying, with my limited knowledge of HTML and web design, to start a website for engineers, only to find 2 weeks into it, a lovely little thread on the site which makes me proud to be an engineer :
This BUlletin board is sh*t
How dare you advertise this on pprune. This is no alternative to pprune or airmech.

I'd just like to say in reply to 'Top Bloke' who posted this...........
Thank you for your comments, we love to hear top remarks from people like yourself, who, I'd like to add make me proud to be an engineer. Once again I'd like to thank you for your remarkable vocabulary and hope you visit again with some more of your unbiased comments and suggestions for this new site. If you or anyone else would like to: add to, change, take part in or help run this non profit making amateur site feel free to write.
And to finish I'd just like to say I luv ya Top Bloke, you must be an amazing person.

:D

[ 14 October 2001: Message edited by: A.Tech ]

Chris@AirMech
15th Oct 2001, 00:47
Just ignore it, we had all that bu%$%$%t at first. I think this is a case of being justified in deleting a post without having to face the wrath of the community !!

PS... if you need a helping hand I might be able to help. We have had some hard times and overcome a lot of obstacles. Rule number 1 - always make sequestial back ups of your work.

A.Tech
15th Oct 2001, 00:58
Cheers Chris,
Although the site isn't in the same league as yours there's plenty of room for all of us it's just going to take some time getting it up and running properly.
A Tech

Chris@AirMech
15th Oct 2001, 01:06
Don't worry about the league, at least we are playing the same game. In the near future (this week) we are starting a links section with an ongoing review of all the sites mentioned.

I will give your site a mention, you should get a quite a few hits from that.

If you need a hand with anything just email me [email protected]