PDA

View Full Version : What is the safety culture like at Etihad/Emirates/Gulfair

susi
3rd Jul 2005, 19:43
I would be interested in applying for any of these companies-

A330 driver.

How long and what kind of CRM training you get?

Checks- 2 days for each bi-annual- or only 2 days and 1 day?

LOFT's reflect CRM training?

Can you phone your safety manager at any time and discuss safety issues openly?

ekpilot
3rd Jul 2005, 21:26
With questions like that, are you sure your not going to write a nasty newspaper article instead? I smell a journo... :yuk:

Warlock2000
4th Jul 2005, 03:41
Maybe a newspaper article wouldn't be bad.
Include rostering / fatigue / flight & duty practices to your list.
:ok:

loc22550
4th Jul 2005, 18:32
well i will say concerning qatar airways we have 2 type of rules(including safety and security):

-the first one: the THEORICAL ones (the one you will find in the book or the one tought to you during classes).

-the second one: the PRACTCAL one wich is the one applied by the ceo!(sometime far away from the theorical).

Hunter58
4th Jul 2005, 18:59
Loc

do you want to say that sometimes his rules are in accordance or close to theory?

loc22550
5th Jul 2005, 06:29
well hunter iīm not really sure...i just try to remain a little bit optimistic.....
Anyway it seems that qatar airways is not in the favorite list of Susi...(etihad, gulfair, Emirates)....Donīt change your mind Susi!

cheers.
:ok:

Ghostflyer
5th Jul 2005, 07:32
Being Devil's Advocate and assuming that you actually have some knowledge of the above. Do you think that there is an airline or even a company in the world without skeletons in the closet? (Good choice of phrase I felt) BA, Boeing, Airbus, Microsoft, Mc Donalds.......

What exactly do you guys hope to achieve by airing your 'views' in public? Something like this: 'Hey I know lets whistleblow, we will get a better roster, need more pilots and then they'll have to give us a payrise!'

More likely if what the 'cheeseman' above says is true it should have been: 'Hey I know lets; get Etihad's AOC suspended!' Guess what you are all out of a job! You won't get a payrise and will not pass go! One bright spot I suppose, at least you will be able to go to the next G8 summit as an out of work anarchist.

Ghost:hmm: