PDA

View Full Version : SA Airlink cancels their FALA flights

Goldfish Jack
3rd Jul 2005, 14:43
Just heard that from 11 July that SA Airlink are cancelling their CT - LA flights.

Roger F was boasting recently how good they were doing and now they are off. Apparantly passengers will be re-booked via JS with SAA.

This is the second airline that has "failed" on that route. Maybe the time has come for the low cost airlines to move in on that route.

Talking about Airlink, what is going to happen to them after the 01 November?? They will have no facilities at any airports they presently serve and will have to establish facilities and ground handling, check-in etc (does ACSA have enough check-in counters available ??)

Also heard that SA Express will take over many of the present alliance routes from that date - wonder which aircraft they will use on some of the routes - chief pilot believed to be in the States/Canada looking at aircraft!!

Cessnafan
3rd Jul 2005, 17:39
If they stop FALA/CT I wonder if Lanseria will still not want general aviation aircraft there, since they doing so well with Link!

jack4577
8th Jul 2005, 07:19
Ive just heard reports that SA Airlink are quitting the Lanseria-Cape Town route after just over a year blaming passenger numbers.I think they should look at the prices that they charge and then blame numbers!! Ive heard rumours that kulula.com are eyeing the possibility of moving onto this route.

beechbum
8th Jul 2005, 07:45
I had heard that the loads were good that's why an F28 was put on the route. However apparently the operator was not reliable i.e a/c going tech etc. So Airlink decided to pull off the route to save what face they do have left. Dunno if its true, just what I heard!!!!!
Also heard a rumour that Kulula are looking at it too!!!!!!

BAKELA
11th Jul 2005, 17:34
GJ,

Seems true. Did not see/hear Link into/out off LA today. :sad:

Cessnafan, maybe some ACSA/ATNS/SACAA influence at LA? :E Killing (well helping to!) the goose laying the golden eggs. :ugh:

BAKELA
11th Jul 2005, 19:02
apparently the operator was not reliable i.e a/c going tech etc Always nice to blame sombody else ain't it. :E

SebasW
11th Jul 2005, 20:15
I think the problem with the LA/CT flight on airlink is the fact that there is how many low cost flights to CT out of JB at the same time. I would rather pay a thousand less and stand in line a little longer a joburg...

Maybe if a low cost airline did that route they could make it successfull if they offered the same fairs as out of Joe'ies Int.