PDA

View Full Version : CASA Sling Rating

WHK4
3rd Jul 2005, 08:51
Can anyone recommend a good place to do a sling rating in Australia? Thanks.

High Nr
3rd Jul 2005, 09:15
Selfish.

You are indeed considered one of the same.

:*

moosp
3rd Jul 2005, 16:49
WHK4

Your profile is a bit thin, so if you reduce our search area down from "Australia" we might help. It's a bit like asking for "flying training in Europe" or in "America" You live in a big country.

What state is convenient for you? Every state has its schools, and most can do sling training. If they do not have a machine rigged with a hook on site, they can get probably get one in.

Keep looking, and try a Google search

WHK4
3rd Jul 2005, 20:42
Moosp

I'm in NSW but prepared to travel anywhere on the East Coast, if that narrows it down, geographically.

I can do it locally on an R44 but I would prefer to find someone with a B47 with a hook that can do the training. For that I'm willing to travel.

Thanks

heli_spy
3rd Jul 2005, 21:19
Hi
I travelled up from Sydney in January of this year to do my sling rating on a Bell 47 with Graeme Gillies at Blue Tongue Helicopters at the Sunshine Coast Airport in Queensland.
I can thoroughly recommend him and was most impressed with all aspects of the training including the briefings, pre flights and instructional techniques.
Please PM me if you need any further information.
****I suggest you do a search on PPRUNE re the other operator mentioned. I'm saying no more than that!****
Fly safe
heli_spy

WHK4
4th Jul 2005, 20:33
Thanks Mr Selfish, Moosp, and Heli_Spy. I appreciate the input.

I'm following up on your suggestions.

Cheers