PDA

View Full Version : Air Scandic

tc20022001
2nd Jul 2005, 22:47
I've heard above airline has ceased ops, just wondered if anyone can confirm/give any details as to what is going on? My girlfriend is supposed to be flying home from Crete with them on Tuesday to Stansted.

Looking at the BAA website this lunch times Palma flight is just arriving about 10 1/2 hours late, and tomorrow morning's flight to Zakynthos says cancelled. At East Midlands both today's flights are heavily delayed and tonight's flight to Kos seems to be delayed indefinately.

I know they have been having problems, though she actually flew out more or less on time on a Dubrovnik Airline plane. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

WATABENCH
3rd Jul 2005, 00:38
If shes booked through an atol licensed company she should get repatriation no problems, prob just gona be delayed whilst the tour operator looks at ways of getting them back using other airlines, I think thats right anyway.
For example if shes booked with say Kosmar Holidays, then Kosmar have a responsibility to get her home.
So if she was originally with Air Scandic, her tour op may try and get seats with another airline FCA/BY/XLA or whoever, or they may charter a whole aircraft depended on how many pax are stranded.

CentreFix25
3rd Jul 2005, 07:25
I did notice the Newcastle based Finnair 757 operating for Air Scandic reverted to AY (Finnair) flight code yesterday instead of SCY. I flew with them in May, and although we paid for meals we were told on the aircraft that meals would only be available for £5 and send our complaints to the tour operator. Finnair flight deck crew aside the whole experience was a joke.

NCLRULES
3rd Jul 2005, 07:46
None of the links are clickable on Air Scandic's website, or has it always been like that?

http://www.airscandic.com/

GrahamK
3rd Jul 2005, 07:58
You have to click on the yellow sun things NCLRULES ;)

goldeneye
3rd Jul 2005, 10:57
had a check on a few of todays flights and the following are operating as normal

EMA-EFL SCY9973 Kefalonia 14:55
EMA-FAO SCY4473 Faro 19:20
STN-PFO SCY2273 Paphos 13:55

Mr Angry from Purley
3rd Jul 2005, 13:15
Goldeneye

What about the KGS-EMA due in at 0330 Sunday am and now arriving Mon am at 0340?, and also heard on the radio about punters being shipped to LGW hence the flights being "normal"
:\

IB4138
3rd Jul 2005, 13:58
Something stinks!:(

simonwa
9th Jul 2005, 09:04
I see the NCL based Air Scandic flights have reverted to Finnair (AY) flight numbers today. Anyone know why or whats going on?

crewboi83
10th Jul 2005, 13:17
Was in Palma yesterday (Sat) and popped off my a/c to the duty free shop for some cheap wine and i noticed all the usual Air Scandic flights all op'd with AY codes altho the a/c on stand was the usual AY 757 and a few MD's in a blank with livery with AIR SCANDIC on the side... so dont know what the situation is for the airline called "Lapland Air officially trading as Air Scandic"
Its prob another tax dodge i would immagine!

simonwa
10th Jul 2005, 16:30
Today the flight numbers are back to SCY. However Stansted displaying VIK flight numbers for their Air Scandic flights. What is going on with the airline?

Harrier46
11th Jul 2005, 12:09
If they are changing codes then maybe it is a CAA thing? Always wondered how they got to use SCY when no other airline can get a code without having an AOC, which Scandic do not have!

crewboi83
11th Jul 2005, 13:35
I was always under the impression that Air Scandic operated under the AOC of Air Cordial (whoever they are) so they were always able to op with SCY flight codes. I also heard that this AOC was withdrawn at Air Cordials request last year.
The Air Scandic flights ex STN have always opd with both VIK and SCY codes as they a/c is VIKING MD aircraft.

I dont know whats gonig on with scandic they are always an airline to their own!!!

redfield
11th Jul 2005, 13:42
The BRS-RHO SCY9963/4 now ops as XLA9963/4. I don't think there's been a Scandic a/c at BRS yet!

jmc757
11th Jul 2005, 20:40
What do the flights officially operate as? For legal and ATC purposes the flights could be operating as AY/VIK, just for "gloss" purposes the airports/tickets could display SCY.

Don't Air Atlanta Europe do/did the same with Travel City Direct flights? Tickets, bookings, airport screens etc refer to TCYxxxx although the flights actually operate as EUKxxxx

Capt Wannabe
11th Jul 2005, 22:54
For ATC purposes the flights officially operate under the designator of the airline operating the flight. So for example the STN flights are mainly under the VIK designator at the moment although this is subject to change very shortly.

Passengers tickets have SCY, and providing the systems have been setup and are working correctly the SCY flight numbers should always show on the screens / teletext as well as the VIK flights. This is not ideal, but is a practical workaround which works! This goes some way to avoid confusing the SLF.

niceguy
18th Jul 2005, 23:19
Anyone tell me how they are doing this? Is it with a Finnair 757 and if so, does it have to stop? Sems a long way to me for a 757 or is there something I dont know about the long haul potential of this previously unpopular aircraft?

I know everyone wants it for regional transatlantic services now but SFB seems a VERY long way to go to me.

CentreFix25
19th Jul 2005, 05:23
Last year, ex-NCL they stopped outbound, Bangor I think. Inbound with favourable wind pretty sure it was nonstop.

Mr Angry from Purley
24th Sep 2005, 13:59
More Scandic delays EMA today, flight numbers now EUK.
This has got to be one of the biggest shambles for a summer seasons flying :mad: :mad:

girt big un
24th Sep 2005, 21:19
Mr Angry

Why dont you check the facts before you openly critisise an operator.

Check these facts: Was the aircraft delayed due to extremely bad weather in Greece?, contaminated runway etc ?and the failure of a VOR?

The answer is yes to all above.

So get of the backs of people trying to get on with their lives and business and remember there is not one airline in the UK and Europe that sets out to mess its passengers about on purpose.

Mike16
24th Sep 2005, 23:17
Hi

I am sorry to say this, but Air scandics performance this season has been terrible,not really has any flights come in on time at all, they are always massively delayed, i myself was one of the passengers that were delayed in Dalaman just recently, the crew were very very unfriendly,but mind you i don't think i can blame them,after all they have been put through, but at the end of the day,it does not hurt to smile and be polite.
I know the majority of there work at EMA this year has been for airtours, and i think they will have a big drop in sales next year going by this cowboy firm.

Mike

Mr Angry from Purley
25th Sep 2005, 09:32
girt big un. OK for one off delays but this summer has been a complete shambles at EMA delay after delay and not just the odd hour. What was the excuse for the aircraft pulled to go to LPL to take Everton fans to their match?. Why switches between EUK/VIK/SCY flight numbers.

SCY seemed to manage to pull in sub charters when they had a lack of aircraft when the season started so why no attempt now?.
Might have been ok in the old days but this sort of operation does the tour operators and charter airlines a lot of harm:\ :\

BOTFOJ
25th Sep 2005, 12:49
ITS BECAUSE SCY WENT BUST, READ THE NEWS!!!

EUK/VIK/XLA et al are just trying to pick up the pieces for the sake of the tour ops and pax, dont slate the current ops based on SCYs shocking summer, everyone is just trying to pitch in to help at present.

jmc757
25th Sep 2005, 17:40
What was the excuse for the aircraft pulled to go to LPL to take Everton fans to their match?

As already stated, Air Scandic went bust on the day, which I guess left Viking (operator) in a strange position. They apparently frantically tried to get an aircraft to LPL and operate anyway, but it unfortunately got impounded at EMA due to Air Scandic debts.

BBC News (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/merseyside/4249144.stm)

diesel36
25th Sep 2005, 20:54
yes a lot of the work was for airtours.. and there not very happy either. promised excel flights then get that mish mash of air scandic and viking. thats why excel and aae are doing the mess thats going on. as airtours broker for those flights was excel aviation. at least aih are using astreaus at leeds so thats good news for leeds god help ema next year..