PDA

View Full Version : cargo at lba

higgipop123
2nd Jul 2005, 18:10
Does anyone know anything about the rumour thet swefly want to bring cargo into leeds bradford.
The airport has handled cargo in the past with great success and we would love for the rumour to be correct........ please advise

Northern Hero
3rd Jul 2005, 17:39
Correct. 8 to 15 tons of mangos' per flight. Hence change to the 762 on Mondays and Saturdays (plus very good pax bookings).

higgipop123
4th Jul 2005, 06:05
Mangos....... lets hope it becomes more fruitful, pardon the pun !! lets get the big stuff in.
Any news on the latest rumour, to increase to a daily flight, are swefly pushing to use Leeds Bradford as a test base??

HOODED
4th Jul 2005, 06:48
Don't know about a test base, they're just tapping into the Pakistani population around the Leeds/Bradford area. There have been rumours about PIA looking to operate for years but they'd rather make people go to MAN, guess they'll see the benefits now Swefly are doing the route ex LBA. Too late for them now., I wonder if they'll feel the effects on their loads ex MAN? I believe the Sewfly 767 was at LBA yesterday.

LBA
4th Jul 2005, 08:34
I also heard that the 767 was at LBA yesterday, cant understand why, we dont have a Swefly flight on a Sunday. The Saturday flight was operated by an Air Finland 757, seems like this service is going really well!

CargoOne
4th Jul 2005, 09:39
LBA runway seems to be too short for anything what can make Pakistan non-stop, considering payload and fuel onboard?...

Mooncrest
4th Jul 2005, 11:24
The Swefly 767 was positioning in on Sunday. Nothing more than that. There is no inbound flight this Monday. The 767 will perform the outbound flight to Sweden and, I guess, on to Lahore.

Saturday's 757 was full. Given this encouraging start I think it would be reasonable to see the 767 on most of the LBA flights with an increased frequency. Don't know how this will affect the Luton leg.

In the longer term, it may make sense to go 'direct' to Lahore with a refuelling stop only, say in Larnaca or Muscat, without picking up pax from other airports. This is providing the crewing issues from Sweden can be satisfactorily addressed.

PIA must be PIA'd off !

Andy_S
4th Jul 2005, 12:14
Guys,

Please don't take this the wrong way, but there is an existing 'catch all' LBA thread.

Could you perhaps use it?

higgipop123
4th Jul 2005, 15:24
So sorry Andy didnt know about another thread, while Im on, interesting to see EA statement “Half way through our busiest ever year, Leeds Bradford is on target to achieve 2.7 million passengers. We are in discussions with airlines about further new routes during the coming years.”
Well "bring it on" - if swefly keep on track with the larger aircraft 2.7million could extend nearer 3m, nice to see new outlets opening up, hey, may be an Indian Restaurant might be on the cards "who knows":ok:

icemanalgeria
4th Jul 2005, 21:15
The 757 was always the plan to feed the Swefly.

I think the 767 would be more suited to this flight and during July I think will prove the worth of Leeds and hopefully they will then continue with the 767.

The great circle route (Shortest Distance) to Lahore goes overhead Stockholm NYO so landing there to refuel is an ideal plan.

I am sure other routes from Leeds via Stockholm are on the drawing board.

As for the Swedish crew issues they don't have any issues.

Swefly are a great company to work for, and the flight time limitations is not an issue for direct flights with a fuel stop.

Lets hope Swefly can help LBA hit 3,000,000

higgipop123
5th Jul 2005, 15:35
Who know's if swefly continue to do well this fast they may look at a possible flight to Thailand once a week, via Stockholm.

Time will tell, I know most of you think "are we running a little too fast" but when a flight shows that it works and the demand is there, well why not try others!!

Lets see ........
Could be interesting, watch this space**

higgipop123
6th Jul 2005, 06:37
Just heard that Swefly are to keep the 767 for Lba:D
Things are really about to take off now!!

Keep watching this space

higgipop123
8th Jul 2005, 10:11
Now the swefly 767 is staying, the word is that they want to make it a daily flight.

And I think they'll get it !!:eek:

pwalhx
8th Jul 2005, 10:40
It is interesting I notice in the Luton thread talk of the 767 operating there, will be interesting to see which happens.

Out of interest this thread is entitled cargo at LBA and has nothing now to do with cargo, wouldnt it be better mereged in to the general Leeds happening thread.

higgipop123
8th Jul 2005, 10:41
yes...will be doing so, its just that the swefly was the one doing the cargo