PDA

View Full Version : Florence EMS helicopter just went down.

tottigol
2nd Jul 2005, 17:14
All crew members are injured but alive according to local authorities.

Cyclic Hotline
3rd Jul 2005, 04:20
Florence, where?

Any more information on this?

212man
3rd Jul 2005, 12:13
CH, I guess Florence Texas?

Rotorboy, you're a real charmer aren't you!:mad:

rotorboy
3rd Jul 2005, 12:40
NO,
I didnt. The point was to get a reaction. Ems crashes are becomming all to common and way too predictable. It is almost every other day that we read about one here. It is a sad problem and appauling that the FAA doesnt crack down on an industry that is no longer about saving lives in this country, but about making money at the expense of peoples lives.

Out of respect for the aircrews I deleted the pervious comment.
RB

tottigol
3rd Jul 2005, 14:33
Well, it's Florence, Italy. You guys need to get out more often.:rolleyes:

Aesir
3rd Jul 2005, 17:30
We´ll Florence (Firenze) Italy was my first guess but then again I guess there are more.

Are you reffering to this Agusta 109 crash in the Toscana region?

http://www.dgualdo.it/ihbfi-006-p.JPG
02 July - INCIDENTE AL MUGELLO - Tragedia solo sfiorata a Polcanto, nel comune di Borgo San Lorenzo, dove, verso le 14.45, un Agusta A109E Power eliambulanza del servizio 118 della Regione Toscana è precipitata durante la fase di atterraggio (marche I-HBFI, ndr). Sei i feriti: i quattro uomini che viaggiavano a bordo del velivolo e due spettatori, colpiti da alcune schegge di metallo. L' elicottero, chiamato per soccorrere un appassionato di motocross che si era ferito in un incidente in allenamento, è caduto per cause ancora incerte. I carabinieri della Compagnia di Borgo San Lorenzo stanno cercando di ricostruire l' esatta dinamica e le cause dell' incidente. La richiesta di intervento al 118 era arrivata dopo che un motocrossista aveva perso conoscenza in seguito a un incidente. Invece di atterrare dolcemente, secondo i testimoni, l' eliambulanza ha avuto un impatto violento sul terreno. Nell' urto con il terreno sono anche partite delle schegge che hanno colpito, di striscio, alcuni spettatori presenti nel crossodromo per la giornata di prove. Articolo tratto da: Corriere della Sera Online.

Anyone that can translate the highlights for us?

TorqueStripe
3rd Jul 2005, 17:44
babelfish.altavista.com

02 July - INCIDENT To the MUGELLO - only grazed Tragedy to Polcanto, in the common one of Saint Village Lorenzo, where, towards the 14,45, a Agusta A109E Power helicopter ambulance of service 118 of the Tuscany Region is hasty during the phase of landing (Marches I-HBFI, ndr). The six wounded: the four men who travelled to edge of the aircraft and two spectators, hit from some schegge of metal. The helicopter, called in order to help a fan of motocross that had been hurt in an incident in training, has fallen for still uncertain causes. The police officers of the Company of Saint Village Lorenzo are trying to reconstruct exact dynamics and the causes of the incident. The demand for participation to the 118 had arrived after that a motocrossista had lost acquaintance as a result of an incident. Instead landing sweetly, second the witnesses, the helicopter ambulance has had a violent impact on the land. In the collision with the land also they have left of the schegge that they have hit, of I crawl, some watching presents in the crossodromo for the day of tests. Drawn article gives: Courier of the Online Evening.

Check 6
3rd Jul 2005, 18:58
2 July INCIDENT (ACCIDENT) AT MUGELLO - Tragedy barely avoided in Polcanto, in the village of Borgo San Lorenzo, where at approximately 2:45 p.m., an Augusta A109E Power air ambulance of the 118th Service in the Tuscany Region crashes during landing (Registration I-HBFI).

The six injured are the men on board and two bystanders, hit with some metal fragments.

The helicopter, called to assist a motocross fan that was injured in a training incident for unknown reasons.

The Police of the Borgo San Lorenzo Company (Station) are trying to reconstruct the accident and termine the cause.

The request for the 118th to respond was received after the motocross particpant had lost consciousness as a result of the accident.

Instead of landing softly, according to witnesses, the air ambulance had crashed violently. In the crash are also remaining fragments that have hit, grazed, other spectators present in the stands for the day of tests.

Credit to the Courier of the Evening Online.

My best translation from Italia sud.