PDA

View Full Version : Where to?

jobsworth
6th Apr 2001, 04:41
I am currently serving with her majestys finest! At present I am looking to move into the licenced field. What I want to know is where can I go to from being a licensed engineer, or where is the money at? I am young and not tied down, I do quite like the idea of europe, but whats the deal out there?

CONES R US
6th Apr 2001, 15:58
your best bet is to get a degree and go into management in the finance sector.
or you could go into I.T. good money, good working conditions, pension, holidays, time off etc.
or you could join the lower classes and be treated like a dogs-body in licensed maintenance.
Seriously, my advice would be to join a decent company and get a few courses on popular aircraft,ie boeing / airbus, get some experience and then go contracting. It's the best way to make decent money with no real ties, any place in the world. I contract on the BAe146 and there are jobs all over Europe and even Australia - the world's your lobster.
I could stay cleaner and work normal hours etc in an I.T. job, but for some sad reason I like this job, and people see fit to pay me well to do it, so I shouldn't really complain (but I do anyway, so as not to stand out!)

------------------
Gimme a bottle of anything, and a glazed donut......TO GO!

DoctorA300
6th Apr 2001, 17:09
Cones:
You call yourself a Lisenced Aircraft Engineer, and yet you say you work on the 146, isnīt that a contradiction in terms. > :)
Brgds
Doc

Sorry couldnīt let a mention of the 146 go by without slaging it a bit.

jobsworth
8th Apr 2001, 18:49
Cones r us, Thanks for the opinion I shall take heed of your advice. The wierd thing is that I also enjoy working on a/c. Must have been a sinner in my previous life.