PDA

View Full Version : Sir Dicks New Shed

mpenage
2nd Aug 2001, 02:05
Any comments on the report in Flight about BAA/Virgin starting work on a new hangar at LHR. Good news I think, they will have to fill it with somthing Aircraft / Personnel. Good news methinks. :p

trapper
2nd Aug 2001, 03:43
its true, a new virgin hangar is being built at LHR. They have had to move the fire training area to accomodate it, ground work is just starting to happen now. Last big recruitment was last nov for virgin, don't know if another one is due. Hear on the vine that hangar will be made available to other airlines on ad hoc basisso don't know how much virginals are going to do in it themselves. Anyone know the plan?

Ali Crom
2nd Aug 2001, 04:17
I haven't seen the report yet but rumour has it that work has already started and the hangar is being built on the site of the big green bird that the fire brigade torch now & again ( behind the BM hangar & across the taxiway from BA's 757/767 majors hangars - TBD ).
There are many us at BA who will be watching to see if Dick is to recruit again although I'm not sure what the pay & conditions are
like compared to BA.

spannersatcx
2nd Aug 2001, 12:33
I wonder how long it will take "Dick" to sell that off to fund something else! :(

Pengineer
2nd Aug 2001, 22:58
Will it have a Virgin Mega'stores'?

Penn Doff
3rd Aug 2001, 02:11
Not a mega store but a small stage on which the latest Virgin record label signings can play a gig, all communications by virgin mobile, all company vehicles supplied by virgin cars, gas & electric by virgin energy, gymnasium courtesy of virgin active, mm's/ipc's from virgin publishing and if the checks are not completed on time you can always blame virgin trains :eek:
Oh and if you have a bit of "how's your father" with one of the ladies it will be a quick visit to virgin bride :rolleyes:

Ali Crom
3rd Aug 2001, 02:54
Or why not forget the idea of building a hangar & provide a more suitable size structure as a meeting place for all the local virgins - like a phonebox for example.

RALJ
5th Aug 2001, 23:43
The new hangar currently under structure is to be used by Virgin to carry out all maintenance on its LHR based fleet , with the exception of the C checks which will continue going to Dub and Ams .
It is also expected that Virgin will be taking over BA's contract for FLS hangar in LGW to carry out same work as above . Both hangars will be available 24/7 for casualty .Along with any other airline requirments . The hangar to be built at LHR will be big enough to house both the A340-600 and A380 when released

trapper
12th Aug 2001, 04:24
Dick's shed is due to open August 2002.Can we all wait that long!!!?