PDA

View Full Version : BRS Closed

Flying Fokker
1st Jul 2005, 18:19
BRS airport has been closed for the last hour due to a suspect package found in the terminal. Anyone any more details?

MerchantVenturer
1st Jul 2005, 18:46
This information was given as a 'newsflash' at the end of the BBC Bristol tv news at 1850.

However, according to the BRS website arrivals page, at least nine aircraft have landed there since 1850 so it doesn't appear to be affecting operations from that point of view.

No take-offs shown though and some appear overdue so perhaps there is a difficulty there.

eastern wiseguy
1st Jul 2005, 19:06
Standards lunch??

Fernando_Covas
1st Jul 2005, 20:38
have a look at the bbc website for the bristol area, good update on there!

MerchantVenturer
1st Jul 2005, 21:04
Thanks Fernando. This link relates to the BBC West story. According to it the airport is now re-opening.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/bristol/4642937.stm

The BRS website departures board suggests that nothing has taken off since around 1800 but about eighteen a/c have landed since then. Some others not yet landed are showing delays and presumably are being either held at the departure airport or sent elsewhere.

Must be getting crowded on the aprons. The live East Apron website plan is showing eleven parked there, so presumably the remainder are squeezing onto the West Apron.

I bet the old terminal hasn't seen so many people since 2000.

ALLDAYDELI
1st Jul 2005, 21:54
THKS FOR DELETING MY PREVIOUS POST..
I just heard 2x suspect items (bombs?) got blown up by bomb disposal team at BRS.

WATABENCH
2nd Jul 2005, 00:14
I've done a reply in rumours and news section as there is a thread in there regarding it and i'm knackered and can't be bothered to write it all again, all i'll say is it was very well handled by all BIA/AIRLINE/SERVISAIR/SECURITY staff

Standard Noise
2nd Jul 2005, 09:34
It's those Peperami Firesticks, they're lethal!:suspect:

redfield
2nd Jul 2005, 15:26
W: you were just about right. Both WOW's diverted away and 4 Easyjets were cancelled (BFS and NCL op i/b to CWL and posn out empty, ALC canx and AGP re-sched for today am). All the pax that were in the old terminal building had to be rescreened through security, many remaining flights departed between 3 and 5 hours late. Not exactly the best way to spend a Friday evening!

WATABENCH
2nd Jul 2005, 18:00
Your telling me Redfield, I was sat down for 4 hours just imagining the cool pint of Stella Artois that my mate txt me a pic of gliding down my throat!
Seriously though, as I said it was all handled really well, it's amazing that a place that employs so many people can come together and work as a team like that - BIG pat on the back for all of us working Fri night:ok:

Ranger 1
2nd Jul 2005, 23:26
It so happened to be there at the time & ended up doing a few more hours than normal myself. I was very impressed with the team effort from all departments also outside agencies. I went home feeling a great sence of satisfaction of being part of a 1st class team, who as it happens do not always think of better ways of spending Friday nights, as they usually have to work them anyway :ok