PDA

View Full Version : NEW:CARDIFF-GALWAY by Air Wales

WOWBOY
1st Jul 2005, 18:11
I have just seen Galway to Cardiff on the Air wales booking screen but no timetables yet?????????????

bycrewlgw
1st Jul 2005, 19:31
There are only 2 departures on the 19th Nov (i think - know i'll be corrected if wrong - lol). Bit early for a rugby flight as 6 nations doesn't start until feb.

BYCREWLGW

No_Speed_Restriction
1st Jul 2005, 20:38
Oh Scarlet Pimpernel Aeroconejo where art thou. please share thy knowledge with us and free us from the chains of not knowing jack :mad: of whats new with 6G!

the highwayman
1st Jul 2005, 22:34
I noticed this earlier too.

If memory serves me right there was talk previously of 6G serving Galway - I think they even landed there on a promo visit. As far as I can recall the local airport were in a spat with RE and were trying to entice others to take up routes. I think the suggestion was 6G doing a Glasgow route which eventually Loganair took on for BA.

Cardiff from Galway might work - there are no other flghts from NOC or SNN to that part of the UK at present so there might be an opening.

BTW anyone know when Air Wales announce their winter schedule - was looking for ORK or DUB to PLH in November but not up yet - can get WOW to NQY but not 6G ??

Cyrano
4th Jul 2005, 07:56
Bycrewlgw is right in principle. This isn't a new scheduled route start by any normal definition! The Air Wales timetable (look in "low fare finder") shows CWL-GWY on only one day, Sat 5 Nov. Two planes go over in the morning and two planes come back late in the evening. This has to be some sort of club or Celtic League rugby supporters' special.

C.

No_Speed_Restriction
4th Jul 2005, 10:16
or the Welsh Cake Eating Championships (away match of course)

WOWBOY
4th Jul 2005, 12:46
It is a one of charter flight!!!!!!11

No_Speed_Restriction
4th Jul 2005, 12:54
And who might that be for?

Rachman
4th Jul 2005, 22:31
If its a charter, then why are they selling seats on it?

Voroff
4th Jul 2005, 23:37
Possibly a football charter Longford near lough ree play Carmarthen in uefa cup

No_Speed_Restriction
5th Jul 2005, 10:03
Could be the International Sheep Shearing competition finals.