PDA

View Full Version : Un-authorised Hercules Flypast - LBA 30 Jun PM

EESDL
30th Jun 2005, 16:53
Thank you fellow Truckie aviators for a fantastic flypast here at Leeds today. It was great to see the toned-down paint scheme working so well in the hazy conditions, the stealthy approach from the NW to scream down the RW14 centreline.
Just a shame that the 4 smokey Joes gave the game away from your turn inbound.
Surely heads will roll after this latest display of wasting tax-payers money rant rant.

Still can't work out how you realised that it was my last day in the Mob and you tracked me down at Leeds Airport.

Your flypast height was criminal, looking suspiciously like the co was trying to hold MDH/A until the LBA..................

Thanks anyway, it was a 'flypast' in my book.

Backstabbing mothers can put their knives away now.

Broken Beagle
30th Jun 2005, 19:36
EESDL.

Not sure if we saw the same thing, but I had the pleasure of watching three Hercules put on a private display for me at EGUY today. About 16:00 local. They came out of nowhere and nearly took the roof off my office. Bloody things woke me up!! Three very new looking C 130's who appeared to be afraid to climb above 200ft.

Don't know who you were people, but you looked very good. The top of a herc is a pretty sight on a wet afternoon.
Best wishes,
BB.

skaterboi
30th Jun 2005, 21:36
EESDL,

you are quite correct!! It was indeed the co-pilot holding 15 feet above the MDA (to his credit) inbound to the LBA.

It may or may not be a vicious rumour had that I had the pleasure of being in the LHS at the time watching him fly it. Glad you liked it but it was like watching paint dry from where I was (or was not) sat ;)

Floppy Link
30th Jun 2005, 21:54
EESDL
Welcome to the real world!
Officially.
Russell:ok:

Blacksheep
1st Jul 2005, 04:51
While we're at it, I'd like to give a belated bollocking to the C130 crew who adjusted my TV aerial when I was living in Barton under Needwood. Its OK though, a couple of mudmover Tornados came through a couple of days later and turned it back the way it was.

BTW, Do you always keep the ramp open while doing low levels or were they simply clearing a particularly foul fart?

EESDL
1st Jul 2005, 07:03
Skaterboi
Always found Herc IRTs boring, as in boring holes in the sky! Hated them as anything could have caught you out but when you think about what you're trying to achieve it all seemed quite simple!! Testitis and all that.
It was also normally the case that the guy doing the check was also the guy who spent his tour in the LA hold and not downroute fine-tuning those approaches into shi77y airfields, not just exeter.

Hey 1 July, I'm a freaking Civvy.

Floppy, never felt better, how's the TR going, online yet with your flashing blue light?