PDA

View Full Version : Absolute Beginner

buk
30th Jun 2005, 16:42
Hello all.

I have found this site very informative but have found a lot of conflicting views.I am a 36 year old guy and am fed up with the profession i am in and would love to train to be a commercial pilot.

In order to fund my training i would have to sell most of what i own and would hope that the end result would be a better life.

Would like advice on what training route to follow,maybe training abroad?Also,would my age be detremental to me finding employment once i have gained a license?

Thanks,Buk

Farrell
30th Jun 2005, 21:37
Hi Mate

Very popular question you've asked there.

Check out the sticky at the top of the topics list on this forum and it should answer most of the questions you have.

Good luck with your training - and if you have any money left over when you sell everything you own, you can give it to me so that I can finish my training!

Cheers

Farrell

spaceman1000
1st Jul 2005, 16:03
I am fed up with this profession (pilot).

If you want, you give me your job, and I give you mine .(I am jobless and fully in debt)

FlyingForFun
1st Jul 2005, 20:23
I have found this site very informative but have found a lot of conflicting viewsThat's because there are lots of people on the site, and everyone has their own view on most subjects. Listen to them all, and then decide which fits your needs the best.

FFF
-------------

Pete Begley
2nd Jul 2005, 09:05
...and ignore anything posted by spaceman, he's spaced out by the look of it :)

spaceman1000
2nd Jul 2005, 15:40
listen to me only,

other guys have no experience at all!
contact your bank manager, and you will see what he thinks about this profession.