PDA

View Full Version : ID 90 for Aviance staff?

pacific.heights
30th Jun 2005, 16:16
I am a cabin crew and i am a bit sick of flying. I d like to have a go at a ground job.

Aviance is currently looking for checking staff.

That s a stupid question but i really like my ID 90 and would hate not to be able to travel for cheap. Aviance is not an airline but works with major airlines. Does that mean their staff are entitled to an ID90?

Thank you for letting me know.

Little Blue
30th Jun 2005, 21:38
Not a chance...
You may get offered some kind of discount from certain carriers that they handle, but nothing like the savings that you'll get now.
Which airport are looking at?
Yr better off looking for work on the ground with an airline, i.e BD or BA...then you'll still get the same concessions !

pacific.heights
1st Jul 2005, 11:04
Yeah i am looking at ground jobs with major airlines at LHR.

Ground staff for BD!! No thanx!! I already fly for them and it really did put me off flying!!

Thanks for reply.

Little Blue
2nd Jul 2005, 14:02
Could be worse,,,,
You should have tried for the Crew Dispatch job.
No pax and just the crew to deal with...oh..and Saleem !
In fact, off down there 2m !
Good luck ! ;)

pacific.heights
2nd Jul 2005, 15:09
Little blue, are you a crewing officer for BD?!

you ARE responsible for my misery!!!;)

Actually, crewing is only part of the problrm, besides it's not your faults guys if the management is so crap that people leave and therefore you are left struggling to crew flights.

And calling someone to give him?her his 8th change of the week must not be easy either.

I ve noticed something though, female crewing officers are much more nicer than the male ones, although Steve is alright.

Anyway, bmi sucks and i dont think it will get better.

Little Blue
3rd Jul 2005, 05:19
Crewing?...How dare you ! Ops, if you don't mind.
I think that you'll find that crewing staff are all very much similar wherever you go. Thankless task and they won't get many crew giving them praise. Shame, cos they're only human...well, most of em ! ;)

pacific.heights
4th Jul 2005, 09:26
Well, it s funny you mention the "human" factor as once i ve been logged by crewing because i said to a crewing officer" How can you expect me to do this! I am not a machine!"

He thought that was rude and i was called in the office for that!!

Leezyjet
8th Jul 2005, 20:12
VS should be recruiting shortly for Ground staff, if they are not already. Give them a try.

:)

Standard Jet Dep
11th Jul 2005, 10:32
Yes im with leezyjet on this one. Try Virgin always recruiting and life is really allright. Loads of good concessions and id90s not a prob. Money nowhere near as bad as some say. Lots of departments to move around if your face fits, and if they actually notice you. Plus the only airline it ever seems to recruit from funny enough is bmi, apart from some well known charter of course.;) So give it a try it aint that bad at all.

RGDS

SJD