PDA

View Full Version : CAA?

A/c Slave
3rd Oct 2001, 03:17
I had to post this maddness!
There is this bloke in the sheds, he has a CAA 'C' licence and a foreign Licence A&C middle eastern actually(OMAN licence) with a fair bit of line approvals from OMAN(not full). NO CAA approvals!

He has reguarly failed the CAA airframe exams(multi guess), even recently.

Working now full time in UK, he sees he can get no where with just his CAA 'C' licence, he's been trying to convert to the JAR 66 also using his foriegn stuff to gain advantage.
Anyway he spoke to the CAA(gatwick) and they told him he send in all his documents and they'll issue him with an "UNrestricted 'B1 licence".....

They have all his stuff and apparently processing it presently as he called to confirm it.

Is this typical of CAA or what!
That can open the flood gates if done, have they even checked his recent exam attempts?

Nuff said, anyway what is going on here with our 'Forum', I used to enjoy all the gossip, news, moaning, **** taking and everything.
Everyones all gone quiet, I can't believe there is nothing to moan about...

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

have a nice day!

HOVIS
3rd Oct 2001, 18:51
There's lots to moan about but, at the moment, it all seams a bit trivial when many of us are looking at our lively hoods going down the drain!

Concerning the CAA, it doesn't suprise me in the least. They are dragging their heels over the issue of the "A" licence which at the moment is crucial to many (especially BA technicians) who are looking for work.
Their current limited maintenance authorisations are not recognised outside BA unless backed up by an "A" license which doesn't exist.
But they can't get an "A" license because the CAA doesn't recognise it!!! Catch 22.

How's that for a moan?

:(

Slacknuts
3rd Oct 2001, 19:35
Hovis,
I understand from a CAA surveyor pal of mine that they are bogged down with B licence conversion applications at the moment.
Also, they do accept that many limited authorisations will satisfy the requirements for the issue of an A licence but it is not a priority for the CAA at this present time.
I know this does not appear to help the guys at BA who need confirmation asap but I also understand that the subject has become a hot topic between the airlines and the CAA at this time.

Leatherman
3rd Oct 2001, 20:51
On the original post I can only wonder that somehow his national licences have been granted recognition by JAA/CAA because his national authority have negotiated with CAA or some JAA/NAA.
This and other postings of this nature that I have seen regarding the issue of JAR66 licence confirm that something stinks in beurocrat land. :rolleyes:

A/c Slave
4th Oct 2001, 01:49
Is there anyone out there from BA or know someone(not rumour) that has tried or gotten a JAR 66 'A' licence from having a 'limited & simple' or ramp (line) approval without actually having a BCAR Section 'L' A&C licence?
Or any other maintanence org. Fls, Monarch etc?????

Because it says on the CAA web site that you can convert a line approval(without any Licence) to a JAR66 'A' licence with maybe some restrictions.

If they are not actually doing this, it will be a sad day as I know many excellant lads without a Licence and just line cover that can hold their own with the licence guys or some even far better!

Not everyone is great and lucky at those CAA doddgy exams.

I laugh at everytime some tw*t takes the **** at the FAA licence.
It may be alot easier to obtain, but it does not make an A&P holder any less clever than an A&C bloke.
It's not about how many exams you pass etc, it's experience, how good you know the Aircraft and your general skills!

I am sure many of you out there have met some, fully licence with all the approvals under the sun and wouldn't even allow them to certify your skateboard!

Anyone from the CAA reading, I know it's not under your control, but your set up and system stinks!

Well thats my moan for the day!

"Have a nice day!"

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D