PDA

View Full Version : Licences.

Bollygirl
28th Sep 2001, 19:25
If you have an A&C Licence in the UK and wish to work in Canada, what if anything, do you need to do to convert your licence.
Any information would be greatly appreciated!

jjasonics
28th Sep 2001, 19:55
Hiya, think you will be needing an A+P to be working in canada in a certifying capacity, as I understand it the FAA will not give any exemptions for a CAA licence. You will have to go through the whole FAA process. If you want to do this from the UK you will have to prove to the FAA rep you need an A+P to work, ie working on US registered A/C. Hope this helps and sorry if it sounds a little negative, dont think you will find the A+P to hard though.

cotos
28th Sep 2001, 22:53
Bolly
Canada has it's own licensing system, being independant of the USA. With a CAA A&C you will need to do 100 question multichoice airframe, an 80 question powerplant, a 50 question Air Legislation and, if it is the same as when I did mine, a 40 question digital electronics. Transport Canada's website has all the info www.tc.ga.ca (http://www.tc.ga.ca)
Air ledge is a bit of a crippler but the rest of it is OK if you know about aircraft.Good luck. Any jobs going that you know of bearing in mind Air Canada is having a major clear out?

Bollygirl
28th Sep 2001, 23:43
cotos and jase
Thanks for the feedback, not an engineer myself so don't know of any situations vacant. The enquiry was on behalf of a pc-less pal, who's thinking of going to Canada in year or two and wanted to see if he could convert his licence.Thanks again BG.