PDA

View Full Version : FlyBe Command Requirements

Eff Oh
30th Jun 2005, 13:37
Hi Everyone
Can anyone out there let me know what the requirements are at FlyBe for a direct entry command? I believe they are recruiting, but I can't find any info on their web site. Also is the salary on www.ppjn.com correct? Any info would be much appreciated.
Thanks again.
Eff Oh. :ok:

Artificial Horizon
30th Jun 2005, 15:23
Here is the text from flight internaitonal:

Flybe is Europe's third largest low fares airline and the UK's number one independent regional low fares carrier.
# We have opportunities in Belfast, Edinburgh and Glasgow for individuals who meet the following minimum requirements:3,000 total flight hours
# 1,500 hours as Pilot in Command on multi-engine aeroplanes Relevant aeroplane experience
# Valid JAA ATPL
# The right to live and work in the UK, plus a first class medical.
In return, we offer an attractive benefits package.
We would welcome applications from all experienced pilots with valid licences.
Please send your full CV and covering letter to Don Darby, Personnel Manager, to the address given below.
Closing date: 8th July 2005.
Flybe is an equal opportunities employer

The salary is £42,000ish basic and around another £3-4000 in flight pay. Hope this helps

Eff Oh
30th Jun 2005, 18:32
Thanks Artificial Horizon.
Exactly what I was looking for. Cheers. :D

er82
30th Jun 2005, 18:44
The advert should also state :

# Applicant must be willing to work ridiculous hours, with a large number of 6on 2off roster patterns
#Applicant must be willing to be continually night-stopped
#Applicant must also relinquish all hold on a social life and expect to have far too many roster-changes to be able to plan any kind of life outside of work

:p

MOR
1st Jul 2005, 11:27
Lol well said, that pretty much sums it up!

RoyHudd
2nd Jul 2005, 20:46
Would they be interested in a 52-year old SFO who has 4400 total, 3500 on A320/321, and A330.? All right-seat.

Started late, cut teeth on turboprops, night freight, now comfy in rt. seat of A330, but looking for a local command. Good worker, own teeth, hair, etc.

Any thoughts guys? The 5th Sanford in 6 weeks is wearing a bit thin!

ltn and beyond
2nd Jul 2005, 21:53
RoyHudd check your PM's

abracadabra
5th Jul 2005, 16:52
presumably if a new capt is based in bhd, gla, or edi, they won't be doing a great deal of nightstops as that's where the other capts nightstop anyway. or so i've heard

VTOL
5th Jul 2005, 17:06
I would say that's a reasonable assessment... although who knows it could all change in few weeks/months/years!

:p