PDA

View Full Version : WA O,H & S interest in powerline 'Danger Zones'

poteroo
30th Jun 2005, 12:49
WA Occupational Health & Safety and Powerline 'Danger Zones'

Aggies beware!

I received a 'fishing' e-mail from someone in O,H&S - Perth in regards to ag aircraft infringing the established DANGER ZONES which they claim have existed around powerlines since 1996. They are looking to 'discuss' the nasty practice of going under the lines - which they claim breaks Regulation 3.64 .

They are looking for aggies to be interrogated by their Legislative Advisory Committee.

In response I've pointed out that each and every farmer in the country is infringing the same DZ by driving farm equipment under those very same lines, (sometimes so close that their 2-way aerials touch!), and have copied WA Farmers Federation my response.

They are apparently in contact with AAAA on the same subject.

Obviously people in Perth with too much time on their hands. I suppose if Good News Geoff allows them time off to attend political rallies, then they have time to dream up stuff like this.

DANGER ZONE..........mmm, wasn't that the music in ...........??

happy days,

Paint The Sky Pink!
2nd Jul 2005, 04:51
Hope it is not the beginning of things to come. After the very bad year we have had, I am sure there will be a bit of noise about this very topic for a little while.:ugh:

Cheers,

PTSP!