PDA

View Full Version : RAF Islanders

GodisMyCopilot
29th Jun 2005, 18:17
Hello all

Could anyone tell me what the Northalt Islanders do, all they ever seem to do is fly circuits over my house, not that I mind! I think we need to see some more military aircraft using Northalt, nice formation from the navy seakings the other day by the way!

ZH875
29th Jun 2005, 18:42
They are seconded from Northolt to the Metropolitan Police Traffic Division. The special fit cameras on board are used to photo speeding vehicles and send off their details to the Speeding Offences Section at DVLA.

The reason they are used is that they can differentiate between vehicles that have differing speed limits such as Car/caravan combinations that have a max speed of 60mph.

Motorbikes too can be snapped, due to the Islander flying around and behind them.

If you ever get a speeding ticket and cannot remember being flashed by a camera, you know where it came from.:)

Jackonicko
29th Jun 2005, 18:47
Nice cover story.

They actually transport aliens from Boscombe Down to Downing Street.

Cyclic Hotline
29th Jun 2005, 19:17
Come on now ZH875, that story is a little implausible.

Anu fule knows that an Islander could never do 60 mph! :eek:

ZH875
29th Jun 2005, 19:21
Anu fule knows that an Islander could never do 60 mphIt can, but only if flying North to South, as it is downhill.

exleckie
29th Jun 2005, 19:28
Jackonicko, ZH875.

Perhaps the aliens are being to photograph speeding drivers because they are cheaper to employ than Eastern European immigrants.

Onan the Clumsy
29th Jun 2005, 19:37
No the aliens ae used AS the speeding drivers.

What if you painted the top of your car/caravar a nice roadish sort of colour and then painted a motorcycle on it? :}

exleckie
29th Jun 2005, 19:50
You wouldn't be able to do that.

Boscombes cheap aliens would be flown into Downer Street and the Prime Sinister would tax anything which appeared to be a bike on a road coloured car.
Which would mean that we would need more aliens to fulfill an important role that no Brit wants to do, which means we pay more tax to support the aliens when they bunk off and thenget loads of benefits and a 4 bed detached house and a social worker.

You wouldn't be able to do that.

Boscombes cheap aliens would be flown into Downer Street and the Prime Sinister would tax anything which appeared to be a bike on a road coloured car.
Which would mean that we would need more aliens to fulfill an important role that no Brit wants to do, which means we pay more tax to support the aliens when they bunk off and then get loads of benefits and a 4 bed detached house and a social worker.