PDA

View Full Version : Airline

rightstuff
15th May 2001, 10:09
Watched Airline last night,I don't know why because its all B******t that they show.It now appears that the ramp dispacher is responsible for the safety and security of the acft and its her job to ensure all doors and hatches are secured closed before departure.I believe ground engineers(they are the people who never get a mention on these programmes)have what is called a pre departure check list and its their signature that declares the acft fit for service.
They never gave a reason why the lady in question had transferred over,but I imagine from previous programmes that her diplomatic skills with Easy pax may have had something to do with it.

aeroguru
15th May 2001, 15:25
They did show an EZY engineer once at Scouse intl airport, but he looked so buay and disinterested in their media games, that they probably decided to leave us out of the media glare as we are not people of interest to the public.

aeroguru
15th May 2001, 15:32
Oops!spelling police!Should read busy!Damn these skydrol burned fingers!

Bus429
15th May 2001, 15:34
Hey, Righstuff!

Were you on shift when you were watching this? Give regards to multi X and ask him to post.

http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/tongue.gif :)

------------------
Bus429 - the pilot's pal!

aeroguru
15th May 2001, 21:57
I mean your average aircraft mech just is not media friendly!
Just ask your mate what he's up to and why he's covered in skydrol; and what estimate does he have for the delayed flight; and should pax services book the hotals now????
I know expletives are commonplace now on TV but I'll bet you they would learn some choice new expressions.
No it's better we remain unknown to the punters.

jetfueldrinker
16th May 2001, 13:24
I did hear that someone high up in easyJets' maintenance did not want the engineering side featured. So I am told, he thought that it would not be good form to show the flying public what is needed to get an aircraft servicable in times of dire need. And knowing how we talk to one and other, and the colour of our language (blue), it was thought that this would not be good form for television! But I feel that engineering should, at least, be given credit for the work that they do in this program, even if an 'A' check, or wheel change on the line is featured. Then the flying public would be aware that we exist, and know that we do have a role to play in their journey.

morroccomole
16th May 2001, 17:44
Regarding engineers being featured on 'Airline', the engineer featured in scouseland turned on the camera crew who were filming him changing a nav lite and told them to 'F*ck Off'.
As to easyjet not wanting engineers on film, not true. Whilst filming the last series the TV people were lined up to film an engine change in LPL (unbeknown to MOC/Planning). The engine change got moved at last minute to LTN. On the day of the job being done easyJet PR manager storms into MOC demanding to know why he hadn't been told of the change, he had camera crews all lined in LPL etc etc. MOC controller who was on duty then told the man that he nor anyone else in the dept had knowledge of the camera crew, and, if they were really that keen to show an engine change, why not use the miles of footage they took of an engine change at LTN during filming of a previous serious?