PDA

View Full Version : Rostering software

M.Dowling
29th Jun 2005, 14:45
Could anyone give me a contact for software programme rostering aircrew. a clever programme for small company. 15 pilots, 5 aircraft.

Mr Angry from Purley
29th Jun 2005, 18:54
Yeah my pencil and rubber
:\

Big Tudor
29th Jun 2005, 19:24
M.Dowling
Check your pm's. :ok:

And don't listen to Mr Angry. He is reknowned for his fine pencil! ;)

Hunter58
30th Jun 2005, 08:18
and rubber....:E

Fernando_Covas
30th Jun 2005, 11:13
Use a good spreadsheet like MS Excel.

Opssys
30th Jun 2005, 13:04
Crew Rostering and indeed complete Crewing Systems (Crew Planning, Rostering, Control and Crew Records) are by their very nature expensive and are targeted at the medium sized carriers and up. In your case they are not only unjustifiable from a cost viewpoint, but would be like using a steam hammer to crack a small nu!.

I think Fernando Covas' idea of using Excel has considerable merit. It won't be as 'clever' as you would want, but once you have put the effort into setting it up it could prove an extremely useful tool (and would only cost your time).

DIH

Hunter58
2nd Jul 2005, 14:29
Actually, it really depends what the airline is supposed to be doing in 2 to 3 years. If there are some plans to grow (I know, most of the growth plans are beyon reason), then a computerized system might be of value from the beginning. Learn to use it while you still have the time, not after having grown (Mistake most airlines do while growing).

Otherwise, pen and paper (don't forget the rubber), excel, acess, whatever you find on the PC/MAC/LINUX Box you are using may be of help.