PDA

View Full Version : An12 at Stansted today

MKDC8
29th Jun 2005, 14:10
Saw an An12 at Stansted today parked on the cargo stands, had yellow star on tail and i think website titles down side of aircraft, too much haze to identify, anyone have any ideas which one it was and what it was doing there.

Fried_Chicken
29th Jun 2005, 18:00
Sounds like a Bright Aviation (of Bulgaria) example

Fried Chicken

Matty J
3rd Jul 2005, 19:05
FC is right it was Bright Aviation.

Nothing Bright about the state of the A/C though!! The dirt on it was unbelievable and after having a good look round it i reached the conclusion that i would never get on it!!!!

Can't beat the good old smoke they kick out though, even when it was just taxiing it was like someone had lit a bonfire on the airfield!! It had a nice set of thunderstorms and heavy rain to tackle on departure aswell!:} :}

Matt.:ok:

mini
3rd Jul 2005, 22:11
The CAA will eventually publish the reason it was there, they would have had to have issued an exemption to it. Usually Oxfam or the like with an aid flight.

IIRC the last of these Hercskis was made around '74

Fried_Chicken
3rd Jul 2005, 23:19
I didn't think that the CAA had to issue any exemption for the Antonov 12. I know they do should the IL76 visit the country (currently not Stage 3) but An12s are daily visitors to UK airports (infact, there is one 'based' at East Mids for charters)

Fried Chicken

mini
4th Jul 2005, 21:36
Fried Chicken

I was assuming that due to its age etc. it would need one for one reason or another, only an assumption, you may indeed be correct.