PDA

View Full Version : Any advice on Phoneix East Aviation in Daytona?

ozzieboy1
29th Jun 2005, 12:25
I'm looking at going to the States for two years on a J1 Visa to obtain private, instrument, commercial, ME, CFI, CFII and then instruct in the second year.

After looking through all the numerous flight schools I prefer Phoenix East Aviation (PEA) located at Daytona Beach because of the cost, location and information they have provided.

The cost they advertise is around $35K for the above training which seems signicantly lower than other flight schools in the States offering similar training.

I understand that the advertised cost is most likely to be more depending on various factors such as resitting exams and rescheduled flights etc.

I have already contacted this school and they seem efficient and quick to answer all my questions and I do like the location.

If anyone has studied at PEA or has any genuine advice that would be tops!

Haavard
30th Jun 2005, 03:32
Hello!

I am at PEA at the moment doing all this training you are concidering. As with all flight schools the price is going to be higher than the estimate, this depends on alot of things, but mainly your own perfomance and progression. But when that is said, they ARE CHEAP, and good! Average cost for all this is around 35 - 40k dollars i think, not bad!

You are also very likely to get hired there as an instructor since they prefer they own students as instructors.

The location isnt very good, but all right, i guess it is much better than alot of the other locations in Florida.

The only problem is an arrogant flight training departmen, but dont worry, you wont have much to do with them at all.

call Andre maye over there and ask for further info, he is a great guy! Welcom onboard!

lady_aviator
15th Jul 2005, 23:58
Yeah everything looks great when you first get there but becareful the guys who run flight training are tyrants and if they take a disliking to you whether you are a student or instructor they will find any which way to get rid of you. I left on my own choice because i'd had enough

I have to say when i first got there all those years ago i was pleased but it didn't even take a year for my opinion if them to soarly drop to the fact that i was disgusted with how they treat instructors and students that i decided to do my CFI/CFII elsewhere and work elsewhere where i am treated like a human being.

Things i have seen with my own eyes. If they like you your set which means alot of kissing ass....... I just know too many people who have left or are leaving with disappointment.

Also think twice about the glass cockpit course looks great in the info but not relevant until you hit the airlines or close to hitting the airlines they want u do it right after the commercial ground school i know some people who had a hard time getting out of it because it cost too much money and they got alot of grief because they didn't want to do it. If you want more info send me a private message and i will tell you what i know i still know a couple of people there and but they like everyone else i knew will be leaving very soon.

I'm sorry i can't be bearer of good news about this school because it has the potential to be so much more and once they do something about flight training like get rid of those "assholes" and people who can do the job right and also treat you like a customer and human being then they may get themselves somewhere.

LA.