PDA

View Full Version : c-208 landing gear (merged)

406pilot
28th Jun 2005, 17:59
hi guys///hmmm must forget the gals...

now most of you will probably think of this as a gag which is wht i had thought till i saw the security camera movie...

so for its worth here goes....

a c-208 was in for routine maintenance at an organisation when they finished they pushed the plane out side and parked it after a few hours the main landing gear gave away and the plane rested on its belly...never hear of this happening on the c-208 it must be a first...for i always thought the main landing gear on the 208 was the most indestructible part...guess i was wrong huh...

keep it up there fellows,

no more 406pilot

helldog
29th Jun 2005, 05:36
Yo 406,

Yeah I would love to see that video. I belive the aircraft in question is 5H-AXL. It had its landing gear 5 year check in Nairobi and did 4 landings before that colapse. Very lucky that it did not happen on landing in Dar. It is also the van I put in that corn field, maybe that had something to do with it. But you would think that they would have picked it up when they inspected it. Anyway.......

Hey 406 maybe you should change your name mate. I swear I saw you loitering around a 737.

406pilot
29th Jun 2005, 07:39
"406pilot title for sale"

howzit dog...i guess u need to contact my former company to see the video and even then i dont think you will get ur hands on the footage...i was wondering as to why the landing gear capapble of handling kiba airstrip would give away so easy....he he he

keep it up there fellows,

no more 406pilot..

ps:406 rocks dude and so do you in it...saw a cute blonde near te refueling bay whts the story there bro saw a dude hanging next to her looking rather dodgy aswell

helldog
30th Jun 2005, 06:28
Yeah bud the 406 is a nice bus to fly, enjoying it heaps. As for the blonds I enjoy them as well, but anything blond that moves in Mwanza gets a look in.

Keep it real tiger.