PDA

View Full Version : YUAS AND Sheffield University

OC YUAS
27th Jun 2005, 15:55
Ladies and Gents

Did you study at Sheffield University AND were/are a member of the Premier UAS - Yorkshire?

If you can answer "Yes" to both of these questions would you be interested in attending a Sheffield University 100th Anniversary Dining-In Night?

The plan is for this to be a tri-service event and is open to all ex-members of Sheffield OTC, YUAS and YURNU who studied at Sheffield Uni. The date is 12 Nov 05, deadline for submission of an application to attend is 31 Jul 05. For more details contact The Squadron (or Sheffield OTC or YURNU) - you know where we live!!

If you know anyone who may not read these forums but can answer yes to the 2 questions above please let them know.

OC YUAS
29th Jun 2005, 13:12
Nothing new, just back to the top for a bit!

High_Expect
29th Jun 2005, 13:50
Just wondering if the informal reunion ever took place and when?
I had a phone call from a friend saying there was one, but unfortunately, I think I was unable to attend.
How did it go? Did many people turn up? Are there any plans for anymore?

regards
H_E
:ok:

mongrelboy
29th Jun 2005, 14:00
Did you study at Sheffield University AND were/are a member of the Premier UAS - Yorkshire?

I'm I the only one offended by this ?

There's only one PREMIER UAS - it's certainly not Yorkshire !

ACW599
29th Jun 2005, 15:11
>There's only one PREMIER UAS - it's certainly not Yorkshire !<

There is indeed. It's based at St Athan.

All others are pale imitations.

EESDL
29th Jun 2005, 16:14
If you 'Wannabees' want to hijack this thread then you're simply displaying typical non-YUAS tendencies, namely Jealousy.

Boss (with one day to go) are ex QFIs invited who went to Sheffield Uni to recruit!!!

6foottanker
29th Jun 2005, 19:25
AWC,

I think you'll find that all the others are 'slightly below average'!!!

6'

OC YUAS
30th Jun 2005, 15:57
HE

Which one of the reunions are you referring to? The piano burning one in Nov, or the most recent one? As you can probably work out there have been 2 in recent months at the Premier UAS (all southern UASs are very pale imitations of the real thing!);)

Just like the topic previously started by OC Liverpool reunions are positively encouraged, not least 'cos it boosts bar profits! If you want to organise a reunion it can be done. Contact the Sqn.:ok:

OC YUAS
7th Jul 2005, 16:00
Ladies and Gents

Just a reminder, deadline for applications for a seat is 31 Jul!

MR EESDL - Congrats on becoming a Mister again. Sadly it's for current or ex Sheffield Uni student members of YUAS