PDA

View Full Version : Airlines hiring for jets (non rated) at the moment?

Leo8
26th Jun 2005, 23:14
Anyone care to share as to which airlines are hiring at the moment for Jet jobs without type rating?

I havent quite reached the 1500hr mark so cant apply to easy or britannia/thomson.

Wanted to see if anyone knew of any others that are recruiting at the moment. I have, of course, had a look on ppjn.

27th Jun 2005, 07:50
The obvious one would be BA - I'm sure their recruitment is ongoing for non type rated pilots. That is, if you haven't applied already......

N2334M
27th Jun 2005, 09:34
Hi,

what are the minimum requirements for BA ?

I thought their minimums were 400 sectors of line experience, thus meaning you hold a type rating. Is that wrong ?

What is the best way to apply to BA ? I tried to send an email but got a reply you only have to do it on the internet, but on their site they publish only the DEP program.

Thank you.

Leo8
27th Jun 2005, 09:58
This is from a pilot vacancy search I did on www.britishairwaysjobs.com

It came up with direct entry pilot:

"...If you do not hold a type rating on a British Airways Aircraft type: To be considered for shorthaul the minimum requirements are: ATPL(F) with 500 hours or 100 sectors recent experience on a turbojet/turboprop transport category aeroplane with a MTOM greater that 10 tonnes or an approved passenger seating configuration of not less than 20 passengers. To be considered for longhaul the minimum requirements are: Valid ATPL with a minimum of 2000 hrs total time with at least 1000 hrs on either: Jet Transport with MTOM of 25 tonnes and greater, or a Multi Crew turboprop transport aircraft or Military equivalent with MTOM of greater than 50 tonnes."

Unfortunately I've tried BA already and need to wait till november to try again!