PDA

View Full Version : Scandic at NEMA

Mr Angry from Purley
26th Jun 2005, 20:01
Anyone shed any light on SCY flights from NEMA. I thought they were due to be operated by Viking MD83's but have not seen them for ages.
This weekend seems to have been a Air Slovakia 757 and a Air Finland? B757 but looks like only one aircraft here today with big delays with the biggest one being to EFL STD 1455 ETD 27/0400
(NEMA kindly rescheduled the flight to 0400 so no delay on their web site)
Most flights have been 3-6 hrs late starting late last week and no signs of being shifted

:\

Fried_Chicken
26th Jun 2005, 22:18
One of todays flights was operated by an Edelweiss A320

So recently we've had Slovakian & Air Finland 75s, Blue Wings & Aero Flight A320s & a Blue Line MD80, the spotters will be happy :D

I did hear that there has been problems with some of Vikings MD80s which has lead to them being grounded, dunno how true that is though

Fried Chicken

bmibaby.com
27th Jun 2005, 18:28
Air Scandic have been leasing aircraft from all over the place to cover their holes in scheduling. Air Scotland, Air Slovakia & Air Finland have all leased 757-200s which have been coming through NEMA the last couple of weeks.

From the rumour that has been doing the rounds at NEMA today, they're operating a nine aircraft summer schedule with about seven aircraft. I'm not sure if that's true, but there's certainly been a long delay. Talking to a couple of people at Servisair & the airport authority and it seems that it's quite an event if a Scandic flights leaves ontime.

Flightrider
27th Jun 2005, 19:46
I'd heard that the AOC on which Air Scandic flights were being covered (Air Cordial) had been rescinded by the CAA at Air Cordial's AOC, so Air Scandic has effectively ceased flying in its own right. The various replacement aircraft being brought in are apparently under their own flight numbers etc and are being chartered by the tour operators and/or brokers previously responsible for Scandic flying.

jmc757
27th Jun 2005, 20:01
The Air Cordial AOC was suspended before the summer season. this was because the A300s were retired and sent out to new homes. So no aircraft = no AOC. Air Scandic always planned to just use leased aircraft this summer, Finnair 757s and Viking MD80s - they are effectively just a broker themselves - get a contract and pay someone to fly it for you.

330-Purser
29th Jun 2005, 20:23
How come they were advertising for Cabin Crew for EMA base a few weeks ago then?

Apparently, the ad was in the local papers, although I hear they haven't responded to applicants yet.

:confused:

jmc757
29th Jun 2005, 22:04
Sorry - yes think they do provide Cabin Crew although I believe all pilots are from their respective airlines.

Mike16
30th Jun 2005, 06:48
Hi

Myself and a very good friend of mine have both applied a few weeks ago,well 3 weeks ago as they were advertising in our local paper The Derby Evening Telegraph. We both have airline experience, but nothing yet ! Think i will knock this one on the head.

Mike

Fried_Chicken
3rd Jul 2005, 23:49
It appears that most of the Scandic flights are now being operated by Excel (XLA code rather than SCY)

Finnair B757 operating yesterday

Fried Chicken