PDA

View Full Version : Where is BA Staff check in for LHR T1 Domestic?

D.B.er
26th Jun 2005, 10:56
Can anyone tell me where the BA T1 DOMESTIC staff check in is located? My 15 year old son is travelling SBY ID tonight from Hong Kong and on to GLA - hopefully on the first or second BA LHR - GLA on monday morning.

KiloMIke
26th Jun 2005, 10:58
Its near the domestic check in area which is located next to the entrance to domestic & Irish departues. Just tell him to ask BA staff and they will point him in the right direction.

D.B.er
26th Jun 2005, 11:09
Thanks KM I had heard that it is in the queens Building straight along the T1 to T2 walkway, or is that only for Long Haul?
Is the area you are talking about just outside domestic security overlooking the midland on the gate formerly known as B2?

KiloMIke
26th Jun 2005, 11:22
Yes thats exactly where I mean but haven't been to T1 in a few months and things may well have changed!

The staff check in area in the QB is for the other services and your son will need to go there on the way back.

Tell him to ask the ground staff as he steps off the plane or the customer service desk int he arrivals hall and they can point him in the right direction.

D.B.er
26th Jun 2005, 11:33
OK thanks again

Artificial Horizon
26th Jun 2005, 20:40
Sorry to hijack the thread but I have just joined BA and have booked a hotline to SFO for end of August as I have not qualified for full staff travel yet. Couple of questions:

Would I check in at normal check in or at staff travel check in?

Is there normally any chance of upgrades if available and what is the best way of going about asking?

Cheers

Taff_flyer
26th Jun 2005, 21:52
Hotlines are commercial tickets so just check in as normal.

Best advice I can give for upgrade is dress smart casual, be as nice as pie when you check in and, light heartedly, drop in you're a staff member on a hotline. If Revenue Mgt know they need to upgrade people then these are usually done about a day in advance by the team in India ("pre-flight upgrades").

Hope this helps.