PDA

View Full Version : Bexair

chia
25th Jun 2005, 23:19
Bexair is advertising for a qualified dispatcher in their operation in Bahrain. The person advertising for this position is the Director of Finance and Administration. Marketing and Finance have complete control over Bexair flight operations, are not pilots, and completely ignore the Bahrain CAA and their own Bexair operations manual, except for licensing requirements at Bahrain CAA.

The person who should be advertising should be the Director of Flight Operations. He is also a Gulf Air pilot, and a competent person to deal with. However just this new Bexair advertisement should be a clue and warning to any Bexair applicant how Bexair runs their operation. Whether a new hire pilot, or in this case a qualified dispatcher, one finds out rather quickly they in fact are working for and instructed by Marketing, upper Management, and the Director of Flight Ops is really a "yes' man. Once again he is a good man, a little younger in experience, but is in a corner, and has his hands tied. Before i left told him to either have control as a Director of Operations does in a well run company, run his operation by Bexair's and the Bahrain rules, or stay fulltime with GulfAir, etc.
Remember Bexair is like a 135 Charter operation under the Bahrain CAA, and not a typical Mideast 91 type operation where there are no rules, etc. Unfortuneately the head of Bahrain CAA looks the other way except for licensing, so one will get no help there.

FLEXJET
27th Jun 2005, 17:49
Is it true that a GLEX will join their fleet?

chia
27th Jun 2005, 21:46
Before a probability but i doubt it now. Bexair did the Glex completion contract at Montreal, but lost the management contract bid to another company. The glex is based in Ryiad with a Saudi owner. jet avn also bid on the contract but did not win it either. The owner of Bexair carries both Bahrain and Saudi passports. Since these rich middle-east guys know each other, i think there was more than just the bidding process on why Bexair did not get this particular management contract.

I left at the end of may so there mays be news, so you might enquire with Bexair\'s Director of operations. Go to their website for a phone number. He is a pleasant fellow to speak with.

Pilocol
28th Jun 2005, 15:24
chia.
can you P.M. me, I'd like to talk to you in private.
Thanks

Pilocol

josephshankes
28th Jun 2005, 16:29
Well I will say this. A friend of mine applied to Bexair for a job and he did get a response, albeit automated. Which is a more that the great Netjets can be bothered to do.

First impressions are the most lasting? My first impressions of NJE and NJME are not all that great.