PDA

View Full Version : Question fo Big Airways techs......

anawanahuanana
7th Jul 2001, 02:38
Any truth in the rumour I heard today about all techs holding BMA/RMA/A licence going up to top tech level pay as of the first of Jan?

Doesn`t sound particularly likely to me, but I`d be interested to know if I`m the only person who has heard this........

PinPusher
13th Jul 2001, 02:11
How much is that?
Where did you here it?

time-ex
13th Jul 2001, 05:38
1st of January WHEN but only if CAA like you,
and you pass the in house exam, and then you got to get on the pre exam course that has no instructor yet. If you are what the Shift Manager considers an asset look forward to £10 extra a week less tax to spend. ENJOY! :rolleyes:

trapper
17th Jul 2001, 03:43
think its complete rumour at moment if you mean jumpin to top increment. Will get to top increment ot tech grade anyway if you hold rma/bma (in time). Some guys are hopeing that rma/bma will mean a pay rise but I think that should have been negotiated before you guys achieved the cover not after!! You are in danger of going the same way as the "new" LAE's at ba who take extra cover for no extra pay (mugs!). Sit tight and apply for cover when money is on offer is my advice.

Ali Crom
20th Jul 2001, 03:30
Trapper, thanks for confirming what many of us already suspected.
You're statement - "new" LAE's at ba who take extra cover for no extra pay (mugs!). Sit tight and apply for cover when money is on offer is my advice. only really highlights the fact that most technicians ( with respect to the area I work in ) are only interested in receiving the extra pay butnotwilling to accept the extra responsibility for their illegitimately obtained BMAs.
Don't get me wrong , I'm no company man but I do at least appreciate that when push comes to shove ( or in my case looking to leave at earliest opportunity ), the extra cover & responsibility I have obtained will make me more employable than some of the lazy dimwits who think that the company owe them a living for merely turning up to work. The same people who get away with doing diddly squat or refusing to certify their own work because they don't have the neccessary skills/knowledge that holding such authorisations require.
P.S. End of whinge.

Pete Hardy
30th Jul 2001, 20:25
I quite agree with alicrom remarks having
spent over 20 years in the business I feel
has it been worth it to gain all my tickets
while at the technican level they are willing
to do as little as possible for the maximum
rewards. God only knows what will happen when
start to get more mechanic grades!