PDA

View Full Version : 35 minute checkin window (BA at Logan)

Darth Nigel
25th Jun 2005, 15:50
So my wife is off to London in the morning.

We're spending the night at the airport hotel, so as to be at the checkin good and early for the 08:15 departure (oh :mad:, I am not an early morning person).

Quick look at the website says:
Check-in opens 2 hours 35 minutes before morning departures.
Well, this does count as a morning departure, so I read further:
Check-in closes 2 hours before departure for Economy

Huh? If I read this right, and do the math. this means that check-in is only open for 35 minutes? That can't be right, but I can't get through to a human to figure out whether it's a bug on the website or what. I'll ask tonight when we're at the airport, assuming there's somebody over at BA.

But anyone here done this one recently, who can point me in the right direction.

Final 3 Greens
25th Jun 2005, 16:54
Well Darth, with the very greatest of respect, with the sort of restrictions that your TSA applies, anything is possible in the land of the free.

cdb
26th Jun 2005, 15:34
Turn up 3 hours before the flight, you'll probably be in the queue at the desk for 20 mins... problem solved!

Darth Nigel
26th Jun 2005, 18:34
That's what we ended up doing. Wandered over the day before and asked one of them knowledgeable BA people ...

"Show up at 5:30" she said, which we did. Meant getting up at 04:30 or so, which is way too bl@@dy early for a Sunday morning :{ . There were only about 8 people in line when we showed up, and then it turns out that World Traveller Plus has it's own checkin line, which was empty!

:ok:

Top marks to BA staff for being helpful and friendly, by the way.