PDA

View Full Version : FTE students

Max Machs
25th Jun 2005, 11:59
Hey guys,

I am hopefully going to start a flying course in the near future either at FTE Jerex, Cabair or Oxford. I have been to visit Oxford and Cabair and I have talked to some of the students there. I havenīt yet been to FTE so I have a couple of questions for any students currently there at the moment.

I hear the lifestyle at Jerex is amazing but will I still stand a good chance of employment after training in Spain?

What are the instructors like? Backgrounds etc?

I also heard that BA like students from FTE. Is this true?

Lastly, I donīt have much flying experience or aviation background. Do you think this may hinder me for the groundschool or the flying?

I am very grateful for any replies, cheers MM

moggiee
25th Jun 2005, 22:12
JereZ isn't bad either!

It's a UK licence so that should cause no problems.

The course is designed to take complete beginners so that won't be an issue as long as you can handle the busy groundschool schedule and have some aptitude for the flying (aptitude rather than experience is what counts).

BA were always happy with the quality of training provided by BAE Flight Training - although sometimes not so happy with the company itself.

Obviously, though, the quality of instruction has gone downhill since I left!

fastjet2k
25th Jun 2005, 23:42
Max Machs - Check your PM's... Also, you can use the search function in the menu, type in Jerez and a large number of threads will appear which I'm sure will also answer a lot of questions.

Cheers :ok:

FJ2k

Frank Poncherello
27th Jun 2005, 10:21
Put it like this,.........

I graduated a year and a half ago from FTE, and I understand that students from the 2 courses either side of mine (and including mine) are all employed by Jet Operators. [of course there is the usual one "merchant banker" per course who doesnt have a job, but then again, they were not too employable. So 14/15 on average have a job having graduated a year and a half ago.

Great odds - whether these odds are due to the current state of the industry, or the state of the school I will leave to you to decide. However, its reputation is well recognised by airlines throughout europe.

worth a visit (chat to students when there - they will give you the true picture)

Frank

:ok: :ok: