PDA

View Full Version : Jal interview on 13/07/05 HELP PLEASE

italianboy
25th Jun 2005, 11:50
Hi there
I've got an interview with JAL on 13th of July for a Cabin Crew position. Does anybody know what it's like? I speak fluent Italian, Spanish, Portuguese and some French and I know that they are recruiting people with language skills. Can you let me know if the interviewers are Japanese or English as my English is not that perfect? Any tips about JAL interview would be welcome. Thanks . Ciao

OZcabincrew
25th Jun 2005, 15:23
Hi!

I would think being able to speak English would be essential. I find it funny though that speaking Japanese isn't a requirement. I have bumped into a couple of UK based JAL crew around the place who don't speak one bit of Japanese, i just find it odd.

Good luck!

Oz

spunky_guy83
26th Jun 2005, 09:54
Ciao ItalianBoy..

Just be yourself at the Interview and you will be fine.

I have worked for an Asian Airline before and they look at personal attributes especially with Cultural awareness as you are of western origin and not Asian as I was too.

Apparently they give you a intense course on basic japanesse language and culture, I do know a few Italian speakers who fly with Jal and french is a big plus for them too so you have high chances.

Good Luck

wan2fly
28th Jun 2005, 09:39
Hi

From your post above your standard of English is fantastic so if you speak as well as you write you will have no problem ...

good luck competition is tough - I didnt even get interview !! and Im English - However - I was a bit stupid !!!! - I was over the max height reqs ! I didnt notice until I had sent off app form lol lol.

Come to think of it - I might have been a little intimidating to our Japanese friends me towering over them !...

If you go to www.cabincrew.com there are lots of posts on there re JAL and I beleive a couple of Italian nationals have applied...

Also ANA are recruiting too - so have a go !

KiloMIke
28th Jun 2005, 16:38
From what I understand JAL employ London based crew for the English & European language skills and not for their Japanese.

Apparently they pay well but are very strict .Non Japanese crew only work in economy and there is no chance of promotion.

KTPops
28th Jun 2005, 22:11
wan2fly -

Out of interest, what is their maximum height requirement?

KTP xx

jbird11
29th Jun 2005, 08:35
For those of you who are interested.

JAL now offer a Permanent Contract from the minute you Join the company.

5 year contracts have been done away with.

The stucture now is that you will remain Junior Crew for the first 4 years and then after that you may be egible for a promotion to Senior Crew providing you meet the Criteria.

But rest assured there is no funny business with Contracts, it is permanent from the word 'go'.

wan2fly
29th Jun 2005, 11:51
wan2fly -

Out of interest, what is their maximum height requirement?

KTP xx

HI

I think its 5ft 10" and Im 6ft !! - I have binned the app form now so cant tell you...

jasonbowers
30th Jun 2005, 00:40
I have seen much info about JAL on flightattendants.org. You can probably post under their "wanabee" section and get a straight answer from someone who actually works for JAL.

Good Luck!

Standard Jet Dep
30th Jun 2005, 22:35
Dont think you should be too worried. Most of the candidates were european had an interview 2 times second time got right to the final board interview. Just smile and find out basics about Japan. I lived there so fine on that one. They did ask basic questions like What airport do we fly into in Tokyo etc? Shockingly both people sat next to me in the interview did not know that basic question. Basically do your homework smile and maybe it could be you. Money is very good by the way. around 24 grand a year i believe.