PDA

View Full Version : Hire my own wings & Hire my own Monkey...CPL style

Diamond 'katana' geezer
24th Jun 2005, 17:38
Hi there,

As like everyone I have been looking around for flight training schools. However, i have a good friend who is a CPL/IR instructor.

Is it possible to lease an aeroplane and then lease my friend (aka the monkey!)?

Has anyone done this? I can imagine it costs a small fortune.

The thought come about when I thought that in a perfect world he could train me up...so I thought I'd ask.

Right-e-o.... costs? Feasibility?

Thanks lots
Geez :cool:

helicopter-redeye
24th Jun 2005, 19:16
Does not the school have to be rated/ registered to a certain standard (indeed even be a school) to provide the training in the first place?

LASORS for answers.

h-r:)

LFS
24th Jun 2005, 19:42
Tom,

The course has to be done through an approved FTO. So you would probably have to pay someone to work under their banner so to speak. Is it not possible to just do the training at the school where your friend works?

Diamond 'katana' geezer
24th Jun 2005, 19:50
Hi ya Dylan,

My mistake, it does indeed need to be a registered school.

However, in this incestuous part of the world I’m reassured that for a small fee a school will lend its approval as both I and monkey are known to them.

I'm sure it'll make everything more fun, but will it make it any easier?

Sounds already just easier to sign up to a school doesn't it?

Thanks

LFS
24th Jun 2005, 20:06
Probably, i know people have done it before but often the most straight forward route is the simplest and cheapest. CPL/IR training is difficult enought without giving yourself more headaches.

combineharvester
30th Jun 2005, 19:55
well isnt this a nice reunion, i have absolutely no idea as to which instructor or which approval umbrella you refer to! well best of luck on monday. its day 4 for me now and im only browsing the prune as instruments doing my nut in.

peace

Diamond 'katana' geezer
30th Jun 2005, 23:52
with your 5 day head-start i was hoping that you could instruct me! sorry to break it to you this way but i'd better own up....

i recognise people on the internet, what have i become!?!

LFS
1st Jul 2005, 12:48
Mr H. you know you still owe me half a fence ;)

fray bentos pielot
4th Jul 2005, 11:36
Hope the ground school is going well for everyone. I might get round to it sometime this year! Hopefully before September, possibly with plan B. Thanks to a certain FTO, the b******s!!!

Anyway, hope all three of you keep me posted with what you're up to after ground school.

Take care.

P.S. Mr H, i've sold your guitar! Unfortunantly didn't get 92,000 Euros!