PDA

View Full Version : Auckland, NZ

grow45
24th Jun 2005, 16:09
Hope this is the right place to ask. I am contemplating emigrating to Auckland (non aviation job) and was looking for some background on private flying and gliding in the area.

Grateful for any info, recommendations etc.

THanks

g45

MikeKnight
25th Jun 2005, 05:22
Aeroclubs:
North Auckland: North Shore Aero Club +64-9-426-4273

South Auckland: Auckland Aero Club +64-9-299-8590

Glider clubs:
South Auckland: Auckland Glider Club +64-9-294-8881
http://www.glidingauckland.co.nz/

Dupre
26th Jun 2005, 09:55
Auckland Aero Club: www.aac.org.nz

North Shore Aero Club: www.nsac.co.nz

Whenuapai Aviation Sports Club (gliding): www.wascnz.com/indexg.htm

Whenuapai Aviation Sports Club (power): www.wascnz.com/index.htm

There is also a microlight club at Pikes Point aerodrome (Onehunga - between Ardmore (Auckland Aero Club) and North Shore... Not sure of their website.

They are all good places to fly - I have flown at three of the above clubs. Send me a message if you want any more detailed info!

Dupre.

What time is ECT?
28th Jun 2005, 06:37
Heya G,

There are a few airfields around Auckland, and even more Flying Clubs. From your post, I'm guessing that you are a Recreational Pilot, and will be looking for a club with good atmosphere, convenient, excellent instructors, and value for money.

I can recommend taking a weekend and visiting the places around, that way you get to talk shop with the punters.

I fly at Ardmore, from Airline Flying Club. It is open to anyone, and concentrates mainly on the recreational market. Open during the weekend, or weekdays by arrangement. Phone them on +64 9 2984747, or e-mail [email protected]

ECT

ZK-DAN
28th Jun 2005, 07:45
Good plug dude!! Don't forget the excellent coffee available (if you're quick enough) every Saturday and Sunday.
:8 :uhoh: :E

ZK-Altitude
28th Jun 2005, 23:13
Ardmore is a good airfield to fly out of.

Be sure to keep a good lookout out in the circuit though, plenty of massey clones to fly into. ;)

scatboy3
29th Jun 2005, 08:55
This poster is looking for emigrating to Auckland (non aviation job) and was looking for some background on private flying and gliding in the area.
JEEEEEEEEEEZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ:zzz:

grow45
14th Jul 2005, 17:44
Thanks for all the helpful comments (although I am not sure about scatboy3's). Gives me plenty to think about

g45