PDA

View Full Version : Help with Nav aptitude

ladyfly
24th Jun 2005, 11:56
Can anybody give me an idea or example of the nav aptitude questions?

Piltdown Man
24th Jun 2005, 19:59
In what context do you mean? Is this for sponsorship, a job interview or a test for aptitude from a school!

ladyfly
27th Jun 2005, 11:06
For AIB written tests and aptitude tests at Cranwell

Send Clowns
28th Jun 2005, 23:45
Numerical reasoning and critical verbal reasoning tests - for the RN the latter were comprehension tests, not certain about the RAF. Should find examples somewhere on the 'net. Remember for the latter, ignore all knowledge, if it isn't in the text then you don't know!

Then computer games at 0630. Spacial awareness among others (which hand is the bat in, for a marshaller shown standing on his head facing away!), not sure exactly as I only ever sat the RN ones and even then not sure which were pilot, which observer!

Join the Navy, much more fun, much superior service :p !

Chuffer Chadley
1st Jul 2005, 09:25
Ladyfly

I presume that you mean aptitude test for being an RN Observer?

In any case, the RN aircrew aptitude tests are the same for Pilot, Obs and ATC- the difference between the selection methods is the wighting that is placed against each test.

They are not easy to prepare for, but keep your wits about you, make sure that your mental arithmetic is up to speed (in particular get a good grip on speed - distance - time type problems) and the rest should be natural aptitude.

Send Clowns: You are absolutely correct. Loads of fun, incredibly hard work, but miles better than being a civvy, as I have spent the last couple of years discovering!

Cheerio!
CC