PDA

View Full Version : ESSO Recruitment

boundary layer
24th Jun 2005, 11:28
Hey there Pruners. Esso advertised today for S-76 CAPT's at their Longford facililty flying oil and gas. Is it a good thing?

Can someone enlighten me? Serious posts only from those in the know!!!!!

:eek:

sikhorsey
24th Jun 2005, 12:36
Did two years at ESSO as a Capt; good job, great aircraft, excellent maintenance engineers and ops support staff at the heliport. As long as you are truly prepared to in live in rural Victoria then there is no down side.

giveitsome
24th Jun 2005, 13:40
BL.

Have some good mates that are at the heliport and that have worked there previously. All have commented on how good the operation is. It all depends upon where you have come from and where you are headed. I have to agree with Sicky.

Best to ring the folks there and talk it up to get the most up to date gen.

Give It Some.

:E

Brian Abraham
25th Jun 2005, 04:18
As an ex employee I can fill you in on some back ground if you wish to PM me with your details. No tire kickers please.

Brian

High Nr
25th Jun 2005, 09:27
If it’s Esso employing directly, then providing you don't mind flying VFR east west east west east west and more...then it’s an OK job for about six months. [depends on your ambitions and challenges].

If its a contract with Helicopters Australia [Helicopters New Zealand] then be prepared for the hard sell [lies] with no career advancement whatsoever.

They will loose their manpower contract this time round due to over 200% Staff turnover.

There has been a few HA Captains moving to bigger and better things, but all have had the points on the board prior to their little stint with HA.

Be warned.

Makila
25th Jun 2005, 23:53
" No tire kickers please"

Could any else vouch that Mr Abraham is sorely
missed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brian Abraham
26th Jun 2005, 01:15
Makila,
Do you aim to spend all your life walking around with your head stuck where the sun dont shine. You should open your mind to encompass all that your fellow beings have to offer. Its easy to cast arrows while hiding behind a pseudonym is'nt it.

Heliport. My apologies for taking mikala to task