PDA

View Full Version : Crew Tax

Geoffersincornwall
24th Jun 2005, 06:32
I have just followed the "On-Line Log Book" thread and one of the links goes to a site called "Crew Tax". There seems to be some tax benefits for those UK tax payers whose work schedule takes them abroad. Is this true? Has my accountant missed that one - or is it only BA crew who can get some for of rebate?:confused:

ThomasTheTankEngine
25th Jun 2005, 20:46
If you ask the tax office they will send you out some info, If your out of the UK so many days in a tax year (I think its over 6 months or 9 months per tax year)

Then you do not have to pay tax from on an income earned from a foriegn source, You do have to pay UK income tax on income earned in the UK (I did this for 3 years)

Be very carefull you should pay tax where you earn that income and some of the tax rates in other countries in Europe are much higher than the UK.

If you do this what ever you do keep paying you class 2 NI contributions in the UK, This will entitel you to a pention when you retire.

I live and pay my taxes in another Europeon country but still pay class 2 NI contributions in the UK.

Geoffersincornwall
25th Jun 2005, 22:22
Thanks Thomas :ok:

spinwing
26th Jun 2005, 03:15
Pity Her Majestys Australian Government doesn't have a similar arrangement for her subjects "dununda" ......

:( :( :mad:

SASless
26th Jun 2005, 03:52
In the USA....transporation workers who are away from their home base are allowed to deduct their expenses from computed income taxable wages. That can be substantial amounts of savings when one uses the Standard Deduction for each day away. That is over and above normal work related expenses that are deductible.