PDA

View Full Version : HELP! Everything has gone upsidedown!!!!!!!!

BRL
24th Jun 2005, 01:00
Hi all. I don't know what has happened but my desktop has gone upsidedown for some reason. As I type this and look upo, the screen is upsidedown and I can't get it the right way up!!

Any help would be appreciated, Thanks....... :)

(winXp home)

nwaflygirl
24th Jun 2005, 02:50
Right click My Computer, select properties.

Click Hardware tab. Down by the middle, find Device Manager. Once open, select View, on drop down click show hidden devices.

Do you see any yellow exclamation points? If so, right click and select properties. This will open a troubleshooter for that device.

What type of computer do you have? I think it is probably a video card or display adapter issue. Check manufacturers website(s) for driver updates as well.

Good Luck

maxell
24th Jun 2005, 06:32
right-click on an empty area on the desktop, click on 'properties' then on the 'settings' tab followed by the 'Advanced' button. On here there is a tab relating to graphics, mines a Geforcefx card so on the tabs its that, then on list on the left look for nv rotate check should be in landscape 0 degree rotation
On some types of graphics cards you can also rotate the screen by holding Ctrl/Alt and pressing the up/down arrows or left/right if you want a sideways view best bet is keep the kids off the comp they know more than us lol

pilotwolf
24th Jun 2005, 08:42
..or just turn the monitor over!

PW

BRL
24th Jun 2005, 09:11
Cheers guys! It was the ctr/alt up arrow that done it, thank you :)