PDA

View Full Version : Returning to Australia

confirm-finals?
23rd Jun 2005, 13:13
Hi all

I am returning to Australia after flying overseas.

Australian Licence
1300 hours total
Grade 1 instructor Rating
Multi engine instrument rating

I have been out of the Australian scene for over 2 years so i'm a little unsure what movement or positons are like now.

I am not looking for ANY instructing. Been there done that....:bored:

Any help or info would be great.

Thanks

Chimbu chuckles
23rd Jun 2005, 17:32
Go to PNG and get a job flying twins...at a company that has turboprops...while there pester the **** outa Sunnies, VB, QF, Jet* and if that doesn't work Air Niugini.

Boris7
24th Jun 2005, 07:13
How much twin time?????

confirm-finals?
24th Jun 2005, 18:25
Thanks for the reply.

I thought about PNG but I heard work has dried up lately...

Not much twin Boris.... NEED MORE!!!

tinpis
24th Jun 2005, 19:10
:p Why Pixie last on the list Chuck?

Chimbu chuckles
25th Jun 2005, 01:59
Because in a year or so the only Jets Pixie will have will be a few F100s and one widebody...so as an expat you are likely to be stuck on the Dash 8.

Pixie's localisation plan takes the Fokker 'Dark Cockpit' concept in directions hitherto unrealised by Fokker:ok: :E

For those who have not flown a F28 etc Fokker decided that if nothing is wrong no lights are on in the cockpit...and called it the Dark Cockpit concept....PX just refined the meaning a bit.

ConditionLever
26th Jun 2005, 12:03
PNG sounds like good advice to me. I would find somebody that works there and ask what the situation really is, then ring some operators and go there for a look at least. You might be surprised.

confirm-finals?
27th Jun 2005, 04:32
Thanks for the help.

Does anyone know any PNG companies hiring?

Centaurus
1st Jul 2005, 11:26
Buy yourself a return airfare from Cairns with one week's package holiday in Madang. On arrival at Madang spend every day from early morning onwards at the airfield and pass out your CV to anyone who will take it. You may even be able to get a free flight to other airfields if you hang around the airfield every day. Talk to all the pilots that fly into Madang. They will have contacts. Persistence is the key to success. Forget Australia - it's dead as far as flying jobs are concerned. Always has been.

confirm-finals?
30th Aug 2005, 10:39
So who is hiring in OZ or PNG?

Any help would be great :ok: