PDA

View Full Version : Euromanx Dash-8's

granddaddy
23rd Jun 2005, 08:31
After a brief appearance at IOM.No further sightings of 3W -8's.
Come-on Euromanx give us a clue,perhaps Seamus can spin us a yarn!!!Surely not another broken promise.

:O :O :O

San Expiry
23rd Jun 2005, 09:31
What were they going to do with 'em - probably flog across to Liverpool and back several times a day. Now that they have pulled off the Emerald deal, surplus to requirements. Strikes me that these Euros need to make a plan and stick to it for more than 24 hours. :E

skiddyiom
23rd Jun 2005, 13:20
OE-HBC is due back on the island on Friday (24th). The other one, next week sometime.

skiddy

Ronaldsway Radar
23rd Jun 2005, 21:29
Skiddy,

Brill, time to hop off work an hour early and head to the airport sometime next week to catch my first glimse of the Dash8's (before they dissapear again) :D.

Slightly (or alot) off topic, I was taking those pictures of the D328's on monday (on the other EuroManx post) and someone strolled up past me by the fence on the west apron, and was also taking some pics of the D328's.

Was that anybody here? It was around 1400 monday afternoon (20th). Whoever it was had a better camera than me :( ...

All the best.
RR

Oshkosh George
23rd Jun 2005, 21:54
Anybody provide a c/n for OE-HBC yet? Is it ex C-FEPA?

wingnut10
25th Jun 2005, 23:46
Oshkosh George - no c/n to prove it, but look at pictures of both planes and compare the differences.
C-FEPA i'm guessing the 200 and OE-HBC the 300, could be wrong though.

As Skiddy says, hopefully the other one coming next week.

Oshkosh George
26th Jun 2005, 14:34
OE-HBC is confirmed as c/n 541,a series 201. C-FEPA is the unknown(could be one and the same). They are both 200 series.

Just found evidence to answer my own question! They ARE the same aircraft!:D
Ex Flybe's G-JEDX,by the way!

Next question ,c/n for OE-HBB,and IS it coming? I'm having a wager that it's c/n 542 ex N542BC of Island Air ,and G-JEDY of Flybe,stored since Feb 05,together with the first aircraft.

Ronaldsway Radar
26th Jun 2005, 15:18
Lets hope they come before all the parking spaces are taken up !!

wingnut10
26th Jun 2005, 15:46
I could be wrong once again but the amount of windows down each aircraft C-FEPA and OE-HBC don't add up to being the same plane.

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=490078

http://www.airliners.net/open.file/842272/M/

A Dash 8 is still in Canada waiting to be test flown before being flown to the Island. Which aircraft will this one be?

Just interested if 2 or 3 Dash 8's are coming?

Oshkosh George
26th Jun 2005, 17:27
Wingie,you're definately right about the windows. I did a google and came up with the info previously posted,so somebody has got it wrong. Both captions say 200 series though,but OE-HBC LOOKS bigger!

The truth is out there!

Research showed OE-HBB at Toronto/Pearson on 3rd July.

EGAC_Ramper
26th Jun 2005, 17:54
OE-HBC is MOST certainly a Dash-300.Someone has got their caption mistaken.

Regards:ok:

skiddyiom
28th Jun 2005, 06:14
Research showed OE-HBB at Toronto/Pearson on 3rd July.

Thats incredibly clever George - pre-cogniscant news :D

Allegedly, the next one will arrive here this week. It should be interesting to see if the crews are ready or if it sits with the other one on the compass swing pan for a month or two.

I still can't find any history for OE-HBC, but I am working on it.

Skiddy

jimbo canuck
28th Jun 2005, 15:22
C-FEPA is (was) c/n 541.

virginblue
28th Jun 2005, 16:11
What a mess.

As of yet, no OE-HBA has been registered.

OE-HBB is a series -201 aircraft. My understanding is that it is c/n 541 = ex C-FEPA, G-JEDX of .flybe

OE-HBC is a series -311 aircraft. My understanding is that it is c/n 533 = ex C-FCLN, G-JEDD of .flybe

To comfort grandaddy and skiddyiom, when it went missing at IOM it had departed to SCN/ZQW for crew training. See: http://www.rmas.de/bilder/national/oe-hbc.jpg

Jethros does not seem to be correct re the EMX Dash 8s.

wingnut10
28th Jun 2005, 20:13
So if OE-HBB is ex C-FEPA as previously mentioned, can anyone confirm if a 3rd Dash is in Euromanx colours and on the way.

Cheers